Dutch courage

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my boyfriend was going to propose. Since he was really nervous, he decided to have a couple of drinks to loosen up. He ended up throwing up and passing out before he could get down on one knee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 812
You deserved it 5 010

Top comments

how did you know he was going to propose if he didn't get around to it...

nammz 0

so...did you say yes or no?

Comments

Haha, I think that's cute... Think of it in a good way: He was so nervous he'd mess up that he tried to drink it out... Unforutunately it messed up anyways lol.

marcusaurelius 0

somebody can't hold their liqour... watch out for him at the wedding...

This gives you a preview of your married life. Good luck.

kellster 2

Um, wow. That's more than a couple of drinks, even if he's never touched a drop in his life before! You miiiight want to consider why he drank THAT much before proposing! (Like: serious anxiety problems? Drinking problem? Fear of committment?) I don't know, but good luck!

I wouldn't be as harsh as to say don't marry him. It sounds like a very dumb but forgiveable one-off thing. You'll both laugh it off when you're happy together.

albokid23 0

how is this a fml story?? nothing happened to you!! what, just because you weren't proposed to??? if anything.. his story is a fml, "i was gonna propose to my girl but i was nervous, got wasted and puked all over the place"

Aww, poor guy being so nervous! Hopefully it comes off better the second time around :)

#49, if he's a good guy who cares if he can't hold his liquor, some people have sensitivities to it and shit just like food allergies or whatever... Then again judging by your nickname you probably prefer some dumb drunk redneck anyway.