Dutch courage

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my boyfriend was going to propose. Since he was really nervous, he decided to have a couple of drinks to loosen up. He ended up throwing up and passing out before he could get down on one knee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 812
You deserved it 5 010

Top comments

how did you know he was going to propose if he didn't get around to it...

nammz 0

so...did you say yes or no?

Comments

bigwaves6000 0

lol don't get too mad, not all guys are able to propose. If he was really nervous, it means he loves you and cares for you. He made the mistake of getting a little too drunk, best thing to do is forgive him, if you do that it'll make him really happy and more confident to propose to you.

MessyPaint 0

You people are about as empathetic as Nazis. A friend of mine proposed to his girlfriend last summer and had told just about every single friend of his before then. None of them told his girlfriend, but it's not at all impossible to imagine that this guy did the same, and said friends couldn't keep quiet. Not every proposal is a surprise. This isn't really an FML though, unless you were wanting everything about your marriage to be perfect.. in which case it won't last long anyway D: it'll be an amusing story later in life.

chroniclurker 0

This seems like something that you will be laughing about in fifteen years. Sure, he had bad timing, but if he was nervous about proposing that means he really cared how you responded, which means he REALLY wanted you to say yes. It sounds like love, and people do really stupid things for love. I hope you won't hold this against him, because he sounds like the sweet sort of guy who will try to make things work out. Best of luck! And for the people wondering how-do-you-know, it is not impossible that after the boyfriend recovered he explained what happened.

UWBeautyQueen12 0

Poor guy. He must really love you if he was THAT nervous about it!! I hope you accepted!!

Man what a lucky man. He almost threw his life away to a fat chick. Good thing he came to his senses and drank till he couldn't see your fat butt anymore. Go on a diet.

Mancubus 2

Either he's a feather weight or "a couple" for him means 12

You know what's funny? I saw this same exact FML post awhile ago, but from the guys perpecive lol. But yeah, that sucks.

how the hell do you know he was gonna propose?