Dependa

By Anonymous - 03/07/2009 23:25 - United States

Today, my boyfriend called me explaining that he is getting married this weekend to a woman he met on Craigslist. Why? Because I won't marry him, and he'll make an extra thousand dollars per month having a wife since he is in the army. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 631
You deserved it 12 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Greedy little asshat, you are probably better off without him since he obviously values money over a relationship, honor, self-respect... etc. Look on the bright side. He'll probably catch a whole host of sexually transmitted diseases if he sleeps with her and considering she is off craigslist, he's taking a huge risk.

Comments

If that's his way of proposing, even I he's serious, I have the same answer, asshole!

idratherbewrestl 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
LadyinPurple 0

You guys have the stupidest excuses for voting YDI...she has the right to marry who she wants so if she wasn't ready that does mean she deserves anything. for the op: sorry. he's only in union with her on paper if that makes you feel any better.

I know -- people find one tiny thing they don't like about an FML and suddenly it's "YDI and you're a horrible person."

lol, wow. agreed lmmmr, but you have to admit that was so stupid it was funny

you are better off, consider it a lucky turn of events.

The so-called 'woman' he's marrying is probably a dude named Rick, who has a '70s **** star mustache and pedophile glasses. Either way, why would you still go out with him if you didn't intend on staying together for a while? I understand a casual date here and there with a few guys, but to go out for a long period of time with a guy, with no intention of staying together... I don't understand that entirely.

lmmmr 0

She probably just wasn't ready to get married.

kendalle_fml 0

who knows how old they are, or how long they have been dating, i wouldn't marry my boyfriend so he could get money either, i want my boyfriend to marry me because he wants to grow old with me, not for the benefits it brings to his job.

If you were smart, you wouldn't want to marry someone in the army, anyway.

That's a stupid comment...there's nothing wrong with marrying someone who's in the Army/military...

Amber_Mills 0

I am married to someone in the army. hes fighting for your freedom right now. happy fourth, asshole.

brrrx 0

Hey 74, just throwin it out there that not everyone is American. I understand that might be difficult for you to understand, so just try your best okay? And not everyone cares that today is the 4th of July - myself included. Oh, and the last time I checked, the American military wasn't fighting for my freedom, or 26's. OP: If you wouldn't marry him...you had to guess that he was going to marry someone else. Mind you, that really sucks.

If it wasn't America it'd be somewhere else. Stop blindly spouting patriotism

lmmmr 0

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." -John Lennon.

nwoodh 0

#77, shut the hell up. Regardless of how you feel about the direction the military has taken now, or your opinion on the current wars, the military DOES fight for your freedom. Or, in case you don't live in America, then they fight for MY freedom. Do you think each member of the military signed their contract with a special "but only in this situation, or this one, or this one will I serve my country" clause? **** no they didn't. They signed up to fight for this country, no matter what. They didn't choose these current wars, they just do their job. So sit at your computer, nice and safe, whether you are in America or not, and keep pretending that you are better than everyone. Have some respect for someone that does a hell of a lot more for their country than you do. Fuckass.

#77: **** you -A servicemember who signed up to fight for YOUR freedom, you ignorant bitch

brrrx 0

You see, what's funny is that you immediately assume that I am American, and just don't support the current wars that are going on - then you add a clause saying that "in case I'm not American, they're still fighting for your freedom." Now see, did I ever make a claim that they're not fighting for your freedom? Did I ever mention the current war state in America? No, asshat, I looked at 26's profile which says from AUSTRALIA. If you were smart enough to look at mine, you'd see CANADA. So is my claim that America isn't fighting for my freedom correct? Entirely. I don't give a shit about the wars in America, they're not fighting for my freedom. They're not fighting for 26's. Nicely done, dumbass.

Soldier's don't fight for my freedom, they are forced to fight for their commander's imperialistic urges. America is not freer because of this war (though some previous wars would meet that criteria) and someone who joins the military during a war time had better believe in that war, or they are already the mindless drones that the military wants.

Amber_Mills 0

maybe the person joined because of 9-11. you dont know a lot of stuff thats going on. the media only tells you what they want you to hear. i would rather them be over there fighting than over here.

Hoax_fml 0

#85 Your post really infuriates me. It should read: "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." -Samuel Johnson.

the ever-famous BAH marriage. stay classy, young military people!!!

ohxberlin 0

seriously, i mean i am in the military, but i've got SO many friends already married by the age of 18 or 19 just to get the BAH....so dumb

Caddy23 0

Do you not want to marry him full stop or just not right now? cause if you don't ever want to marry him, then there must be something wrong in the relationship in the first place. If however, you are not ready to get married, then yeah he is an ass.