Wish list

By Anonymous - 22/05/2009 02:45 - United States

Today, while cleaning out a closet with my mother, I found a wish list from when I was five. On that list, I wished my parents would divorce. Not only did that seriously hurt my mom, but now she thinks I'm the devil because my wish came true. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 461
You deserved it 12 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taz1 1

"I said I'm sorry mama, I didn't mean to hurt you, I didn't mean to make you cry, but tonight I'm cleaning out my closet!" Sorry, couldn't resist, lol!

Tell her to F**k off. That you just wanted her to be happy. And obviously being married didn't make her happy if she is now divorced. Plus, who would blame a 5 year old for such a thing? Tell her you will pray for her. :-P

Comments

You were 5! It's not like you new what was involved.

#41 - I beg to differ. You'd be surprised how much children that age pick up on. AND #39 - How is that disgusting and selfish? How would you feel at five if all you ever haerd from your parents was screaming and fighting and if they weren't doing that they weren't talking and there was intense tension at all times. Kids pick up on that way more than you give them credit for and in the long run, its healthier for both adults and the child if they split. Its disgusting and selfish of YOU to comment the way you did. You have NO idea what was going on in that house. It seems to me like the OP had better insight than her mother did at the age of five. Look at that whole Jon and Kate thing. You think those kids have no idea what is going on? Of course they do. And they're also going to find out that both mom and dad were cheating on each other. Kids grow up and learn how to read. It'll be better for those two to divorce (or at least seek counseling) than to drag their kids down in their fights and distaste for each other.

''be careful what you wish for, you might get it''

Polionixon 2

Your mother sounds like a crazy god freak. Tell her to ease up.

Sounds like your mother's kind of stupid, sorry. And that you had a better handle on the state of her marriage by age 5 than she did. Let's hope you get your sense from your dad.

kellster 2

Sucks for your mom! Was it your closet? Maybe you should have cleaned it since you were five, yourself!

When I was five and my parents split up I wasn't upset at all and eventually hated to go visit my dad. Basically, I think I saw what my mom saw. My dad is impossible to live with or be around. Kids are perceptive. You probably wanted the tension and fighting to stop. Your mom is out of her gourd.

i wished that too at that age, cuz my mom was always scolding for me, and i was my daddy's princess...i also wanted to be the moon princess and marry tuxedo mask...you mom can shove it...you were 5