News to me

By Anonymous - 29/11/2021 14:01

Today, I checked my mom's email to track a package I'm waiting to receive. Instead, I found out my mom canceled the order, and that my parents are getting a divorce and have been fighting via email for weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 077
You deserved it 156

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That’s a terrible way to find out. It’s great they “hid” the fighting. They both love you just not each other. It’s not your fault. Go to therapy. Don’t pick a parent, pick the best for you and explain it that way. I lived with my mom and my dad thought I picked her. I picked a new school because I was being bullied, but never explained that.

Op is probably a young teenager or young child still

Comments

Why don't you have your own email account? They are so inexpensive, you can really afford your own. I only pay $49.99 a month for mine.

Op is probably a young teenager or young child still

That’s a terrible way to find out. It’s great they “hid” the fighting. They both love you just not each other. It’s not your fault. Go to therapy. Don’t pick a parent, pick the best for you and explain it that way. I lived with my mom and my dad thought I picked her. I picked a new school because I was being bullied, but never explained that.

I have to assume you are a minor based on the situation. This is a bad way to find out about the impending divorce. Though in truth there is no really good way to find out - Thought the better way is in person from both of them. Unless the order you were expecting is important for your survival it’s of very little consequence in this situation. Assuming your parents do separate and then get divorced, this is going to be a difficult time for everyone. My best advice is: (1) Never take one side against the other. It’s not your place to do so and you don’t know all the facts. Doing that will only estrange you from one of your parents and won’t ultimately help either one. (2) This is not about you. You are still their child and will always be. Let them each continue to love and care for you. (3) It costs more to pay for two residences than one and there are big legal costs. This is going to impact the way both parents can afford to live. Bear that in mind and don’t be a financial burden - Learn to live with less.