Wish list

By Anonymous - 22/05/2009 02:45 - United States

Today, while cleaning out a closet with my mother, I found a wish list from when I was five. On that list, I wished my parents would divorce. Not only did that seriously hurt my mom, but now she thinks I'm the devil because my wish came true. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 461
You deserved it 12 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taz1 1

"I said I'm sorry mama, I didn't mean to hurt you, I didn't mean to make you cry, but tonight I'm cleaning out my closet!" Sorry, couldn't resist, lol!

Tell her to F**k off. That you just wanted her to be happy. And obviously being married didn't make her happy if she is now divorced. Plus, who would blame a 5 year old for such a thing? Tell her you will pray for her. :-P

Comments

gaararox13 0

That wish happened with my parents too XD lmfao

Ah, wow. You were only five. But really, for any one older who thinks they want their parents to divorce, I suggest you really think about it.

you're not the devil, the Universe Jenie just heard your wish

_mcs_ 0

#73 Older kids aren't blind to family problems. Any kid who wants their parents to divorce so their parents will go off dating other people and paying less attention to them so they can get away with doing more things is pretty dumb. Any kid who wants their parents to divorce for any reason that is so selfish is pretty mean. But kids can pick up on problems. If you can tell one or maybe even both of your parents are unhappy with their marriage, despite the fact you love both of your parents dearly, you may want them to divorce to slowly improve the lives of everyone in the family. Or perhaps one of the parents has a serious drinking or drug problem that needs to be dealt with and the child would rather have them out of their life until that problem is solved. Perhaps one of them was having an affair, and seeing one of your parents hurt the other like that is unbearable and you'd rather them be divorced. Far too many teens and children are in a situation like this and at one point or another, I'm sure they've all wanted their parents to divorce for a decent reason.

sexxiness2121 0

1. im guessing ur dad didnt love ur mom anymore nd decided it was time for a divorce and ur mom still loves him and yadda yadda yadda. well if ur mom still loves him, shes blaming you for what was obviously destined to happen. shes just upset since she still loves him and wishes he loved her. dont feel bad, its physcotic moms like this that make you go through guilt trips and blame so they dont feel their life is that crappy. i feel ur pain :( 2. its okay. she will eventually get over it! 3. you should have wished for world peace :)

you were such a nice 5 year old. haha.

ch_kisama 0

Yeah, because it's SO much better to be stuck in a house with two people who don't love eachother anymore and just keep fighting. My parents are divorced, too, and I was SO glad when they finally did it. Why? Because it was KILLING me to hear them yell at each other all the time. It's no fun to live in a situation like that.

Oriina 0

She got mad at you for something you wanted when you were five? Obviously you were picking up on some parental problems. Not your fault.

#39-WTF? the OP was FIVE! you don't fully understand what a divorce means at that age. i'm sure you wanted some things when you were 5 because they sounded fun and you had no idea what it would do to others. honestly...