Wish list

By Anonymous - 22/05/2009 02:45 - United States

Today, while cleaning out a closet with my mother, I found a wish list from when I was five. On that list, I wished my parents would divorce. Not only did that seriously hurt my mom, but now she thinks I'm the devil because my wish came true. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 461
You deserved it 12 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taz1 1

"I said I'm sorry mama, I didn't mean to hurt you, I didn't mean to make you cry, but tonight I'm cleaning out my closet!" Sorry, couldn't resist, lol!

Tell her to F**k off. That you just wanted her to be happy. And obviously being married didn't make her happy if she is now divorced. Plus, who would blame a 5 year old for such a thing? Tell her you will pray for her. :-P

Comments

pancakelover 0

I like #3 that's what I was thinking!! But hey you need to be careful what you wish for...

wtf your mom must be a real bitch if she doesn't understand that you were FIVE. kids say/do really unfiltered, stupid, rude things when they're that young.

#28- they're not saying that divorce is great because you get shit. People are saying that to a small child it may seem like you get a treasure trove because they see other people's parents fighting for their attention, but don't understand the negative aspects of it yet.

#28, they were saying that it would be appealing to a five year old if some of the OP's friends' parents got divorced and the friends then got to see both parents and thus did have two houses and two sets of toys and everything. I highly doubt a five year old was looking into the statistics of divorce and everything. But aspects of it do look appealing to a kid. When I was little, I wanted my parents to get a divorce after reading a series of books in which the main character's parents were divorced and she had two houses and two families. It seems exciting to a child. I'm now glad my parents didn't get divorced, but still. Kids don't really know any better.

divorce was prolly the best way to go for ur parents. they r better off divorced/separated than suffering in a shitty marriage.

krissywissy 0

you cant be the devil cause...i am. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bridetobe 0

you were probably the reason they got a divorce anyway...you probably bugged the shit out of them.

#3 *LMAO* This FML really called for it.

TryToBeKind 0

You deserved it - I don't care how old you are, that is disgusting and selfish of you.

Your mom is totally in the wrong here. Firstly you were five, five year olds say that kind of stuff all the time they have no internal filter yet. Secondly, there was probably a reason. Sometimes, it's better to have parents who are divorced so that they aren't fighting all the time. I know that I wished for the same thing as a child.