Will you…

By jake - 12/08/2012 15:49 - United States - Bend

Today, I invited my girlfriend over to a family lunch, planning to propose to her at just the right moment. My family was in on it, including my apparently disapproving mom, who kept causing a scene to grab my girlfriend's attention every time I went to pull out the ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 852
You deserved it 2 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what a bitch. I'm sorry op. wish the best for you and your girlfriend/fiance!

Wow your mother sounds horrible to do that...just propose behind her back and see how that makes her feel! It's your love life not hers. Good luck with your proposal! :)

Comments

what a bitch. I'm sorry op. wish the best for you and your girlfriend/fiance!

It's not right for a mother to ruin it. Unless his girlfriends like. A degenerate.

CCDNRGD81411 3

Its not right for her to ruin it period. Its between his fiance and himself.

I have heard so many people use this word but I don't understand what it means.. What is Snooki?

36- it means original poster. The person that wrote the Fml.

BunchieRules 31

38 - Really? I always thought it stood for Octagonal Porcupine.

If your mother is so disapproving, why do it in front of her?

dominic1221 6

"APPARENTLY disapproving", which suggests OP didn't know she felt that way til she started screwing around.

iGrassYourSister 6

It's because mommy knows best, son

You better plan a romantic tete-a-tete dinner and propose. Privacy is the best for this, and then when she says yes, you can go and celebrate with the family (maybe lock your ma in her room though ^^)

Whyyyy OP auto corrected to Snooki I just don't know...

Sootie247 12

I hope you finally got the chance to propose to her, good luck now and for the many years to come!

Wow your mother sounds horrible to do that...just propose behind her back and see how that makes her feel! It's your love life not hers. Good luck with your proposal! :)

jacquay09 3

Well...you could get rid of her. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying.

theslimshadylp 6

Go tell her to do the dishes then propose

myalleyway 9

Take your girlfriend on a romantic trip, and propose there.

Or anywhere private. In front of your family?! Who already know?! Yikes. Take the mother out the equation and it's still not a good equation. Have a private chat with your mother, and propose to your girlfriend in a way that makes her feel special.

You mom just has to except the fact that you can't pick your son's wife. (But seriously, just take her outside and propose there)

noelykins1 19

Or he could put the ring on top of her food. Cause I mean who doesn't look before they eat? That way the mom can't do anything!

That should be the last time you let your mother in on any secret. Don't tell her the wedding date - she'll probably kidnap your fiancée and hide her from you.

Probably best to give the wrong date, and if possible, the wrong location

Give the right location, just a day or two late... Or to put her in her place a few hundred miles away on the right day...

Agreed. If I was a OP, honestly I would take my mother aside and talk to her…then I'd lock her in the bathroom. Well not REALLY, but I'd make sure that she wasn't around during the proposal.

NatalieOntheTram 11

Lock your mother in a closet. Then propose.