Will you…

By jake - 12/08/2012 15:49 - United States - Bend

Today, I invited my girlfriend over to a family lunch, planning to propose to her at just the right moment. My family was in on it, including my apparently disapproving mom, who kept causing a scene to grab my girlfriend's attention every time I went to pull out the ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 852
You deserved it 2 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what a bitch. I'm sorry op. wish the best for you and your girlfriend/fiance!

Wow your mother sounds horrible to do that...just propose behind her back and see how that makes her feel! It's your love life not hers. Good luck with your proposal! :)

Comments

Groaty12 0

You should stop ur mom in the middle of a sentence and then propose. And then just rub it in her face

What a bitch. I hope you got the chance to propose regardless

Sigh... another reason why public proposals are an FML staple. OP, talk to your mom, then propose in private.

Someone's going to be a great monster-in-law. ;)

lilysmom2006 1

I am the daughter in law to a woman who does not like me. i gave birth to her grandchild. she hurt my husband by saying mean things to him about me and not coming to family gatherings I was at. I finally told her how she was hurting my family. She accused me of trying to split the family. I stopped caring. She only shows for Christmas and never calls. But I am still the one keeping her family away.

This is one where I hope there's a follow up. Did you ever get to propose?

I'm sorry OP but you deserve this, you DO NOT propose to someone INFRONT of your OR her family. That's when you take her out to a romantic dinner ALONE.

NEVER propose around a group of people. Especially YOUR family.