Unreliable narrator

By screwed - 20/03/2014 21:03 - United States - Amarillo

Today, I had to give a deposition ahead of a trial in which my former boss is accused of fraud. I'm not a smart man, and I smoked a joint before heading out to try to calm my nerves. I got way too high and ended up giggling like an idiot through half the deposition. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 181
You deserved it 69 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well maybe next time you'll think twice before jeopardizing something important like that. there are so many ways to calm your nerves rather than smoking weed so you completely deserve this one

Comments

Did they declare mistrial? Or better yet call you back as a witness?

Yea I'm pro legalization but this is stupid. You no that addiction test where they ask "is it affecting your life?" You just failed it

kotake 7

Seriously? At least you admit you're an idiot, but this should be a warning sign. If you can't relax without marijuana, that's a problem. It's a warning sign to that becoming a habit, which then becomes a crutch you depend on, and there you are at an addiction. Marijuana may be something with much less physically addictive qualities, but it is still addictive (especially psychologically although most people move on to harder drugs). At the end of the day you're the one who needs to look in a mirror and realize where your choices cause you to wind up.

Never did he say he NEEDED it to be relaxed, he said he USED it to relax himself. You know, sort of how people use Xanax to relax themselves, or a hot cup of tea to relax themselves? He didn't say he NEEDED it because he was shaking and couldn't stay still because he needed his cannabis fix. He said he smoked some weed(which is decently known to relax and calm people down) to relax and calm down. His mistake? He forgot that you can easily go PAST relaxed and calmed down into stoned. Which is not good in most public situations.

sweetprettykitty 10

sorry 42, meant to thumbs up....you make a very good point

Axel5238 29

Hold on, he smoked before going into court he wasn't smoking a marlboro. In most places particularly gov buildings public intoxication is still an offense even where pot is legal . Xanax is for anxiety and panic disorder and is a mood stabilizer. He used it before entering a gov. building he wasn't sitting home after a hard week of work and lit a joint and played call of duty. That is a big difference, the few places that allow recreational use are generally pretty strict about public intoxication which this certainly qualifies. It sounds the OP has an addiction if he lit up before court.

mary_13 26

Dude you're totally right these people just don't get it.

Bailiff- Do you swear t... Op- Once when a dog humped my leg, hahahaha Judge- Order in the court! Op- Do you serve Tater Tots?

Knowing youre not very smart ironically is a sign of at least a little bit of intelligence in my opinion. Lucky this is your former boss though.

Indeed. Truly idiotic people rarely realize their own idiocy.

This is the most respectable YDI I've seen in a while. Normally it's all "I thought it'd be funny to....."