By Noname - 18/03/2009 01:24 - United States

Today, while I was out to eat, I was approached by the restaurant manager. He told me that while he respected my personal choices, his patrons didn't feel comfortable with someone who used to be a man using the women's restroom. He thought I was a transsexual. I am a naturally-born female. FML
I agree, your life sucks 384 019
You deserved it 36 156

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see why people would be uncomfortable seeing someone using the restroom, I mean the woman's washroom have stalls... unless you were standing while peeing... or doing perverted shit by peeking on someone then yea. I'm a female and I walk into the guy's if the girl's is locked. Seriously, transsexual or not, if you have to go you have to go. But then again a guy wouldn't be comfortable seeing a female in their washroom. I feel for you but I can't help but laugh at this situation.

Most transgendered people I know look *fantastic*, you'd be hard pressed to tell. That aside, what the manager did was also against the law (at least in the US). Transgendered people who have undergone sexual reassignment surgery are then LEGALLY the gender they transitioned to. In other words, if you are a transgendered person born a man who transitions to a woman and has surgery, you can have your birth certificate altered. You can also now legally marry a woman in any state in the United States, because you ARE a woman. And all THAT aside, I wouldn't care if someone was a transvestite, if you're dressed as a woman feel free to use the bathroom. Unless the person (ANY PERSON) is doing something other than appropriately using the facility...who cares. :P What a bigot that manager was!

Comments

@oscilate, dang u pay good attention, lol

AngelAshley 0

@69 "They should use the bathroom that has the proper symbol for the parts that they have. Obviously. Even if they have some mental disorder that makes them think they're a woman, if they have a penis, they should use the men's bathroom. Same goes for people with a ****** who think they're men. Use the women's bathroom. It's simple." Last time I checked, the symbols on the doors don't show genetalia. That's a stupid assumption. A transsexual girl who goes in the male toilets would most likely cause more of a stir than going into the ladies. Also, it's degrading and demeaning for a transexual lady to have to use the mens loos. Trust me, been there, done that, got the f*ing t-shirt. Thankfully here in the UK it IS illegal to ask a transexual to use the toilets of their 'old' gender. Guess we're slightly ahead of the US in terms of equality and understanding. Oh and by the way, the "mental disorder" doesn't make a transexual -think- she is a woman, I for one -know- I am a woman.

That manager is being incredibly ignorant and rude. "I respect your choices but..." Bullshit! Whatever gender you decide to present to the world is the one you are. And you should be able to use whatever washroom you feel comfortable with! Why is that so complicated?

squeaky_fml 0

You SHOULD report him to his superiors. And, this does not mean you are ugly! I'm a former model and have been mistaken for a guy twice... just because I'm tall and sometimes have short hair. Girl, we all have off days, and some people are just stupid. Also, even though he said "customers" I'd be willing to bet it was only one person, and she was probably old and permanently pissed off. Both of the people that have mistaken me for a boy were over 70. Old people seem to have trouble with gender for some reason, I guess you weren't wearing enough petticoats.

Javee 17

So true! I used to have a boycut when I was younger and people would mistake me for a boy all the time. :)

that sucks so hard core. i would have FLIPPED A SHIT on that guy. **** that

i dont know.. it might have been a dare of some sort, but still that is extremely rude of him

kellster 2

OMG, what an asshole!! On every count. I bet no one even complained, it was just him blaming his so-called "patrons", because I strongly doubt that THAT many people all thought you were a transsexual!!

That's 100% your fault. Women need to make sure they don't look anything like men.

I have so many comments about this FML and the comments preceding me. First, how can people be so thickbrained that they can't understand that "Noname" means the person didn't give a damn name??? Second, just because she was mistaken for a man does not mean she's ugly. Most likely, it means she's tall and athletic, like me. I used to cashier at a grocery store, and I had numerous customers ask me if I was a boy or a girl. Two women even stood right in front of me and fought over which they thought I was. I finally asked when the last time they saw a man with D-cups was. Finally, girl, I hope you got your meal for free. I somewhat wish you would tell us which restaurant this was so I can avoid it from now on, but if it is one that I like, I will be disappointed:)