Acceptance

By tokenTrans - 20/02/2023 11:00 - United States - Thurmont

Today, like many other days, I'm too scared to correct people calling me "ma'am" at work because I live in a small, ignorant town where I've already been harassed and threatened for daring to be trans. I've already had a friend tell me I look nothing like a chick, so what's the deal with customers? FML
I agree, your life sucks 701
You deserved it 749

Same thing different taste

Top comments

turnabouttrial 21

Trans guy here. If you've already taken the traditional avenues, like HRT or changing your name/appearance, it really helps to hang out with a lot of men. You'll naturally start adopting their mannerisms in a way that can't really be taught outright. Your tone of voice, choice of words, the general way you carry yourself.

I don’t know what to say except I’m so, so sorry.

Comments

I don’t know what to say except I’m so, so sorry.

Hey.. Coming to terms with the fact that you are transgender and being true to yourself is already a huge achievement. Well done!! There will come a time when you have the courage to correct them. You don't have to fight every battle every day. I am trying to understand your post, is your gender identity male or female please? You can maybe have a look at The Trevor Project for some support. As for the people who clicked on 'YDI' here, **** them, they know nothing.

Are these downvotes because he was too supportive or supportive in the wrong way?

I have no idea. If I said something that is offensive to the trans community then I would appreciate feedback please. If I said something that is offensive to bigots, ******' A!!.

let them talk. don't give a shit about the ignorance of idiots - it doesn't really matter what they think. it's important that YOU accept yourself. the majority of society will always be garbage.

That sucks, I think anytime there's a redefining of a word it can be hard to get everyone on board. I keep on thinking about how in the 19th century pretty much any non British immigrant wasn't considered "white" including: Italians, Greeks, Poles, Hungarians, Slavs, Irish. Which all sounds pretty strange looking back. As someone who grew up in the dark age of the 90s it use to be that men were XY and women were XX on a chromosomal level, and this is a physically defined cellular thing. Now the zeitgeist is shifting towards disregarding all the physical things that make a man/man a women/women and now everyone has the freedom to identify with an identity, of their choice, regardless of the physical nature of the reality of things. Like I get it and I'm on board. Life is hard and no body deserves to be the subject of derision for the challenges they face. Really makes me wonder what other tenets of our culture/reality/biology we can redefine, exciting times we live in.

turnabouttrial 21

Trans guy here. If you've already taken the traditional avenues, like HRT or changing your name/appearance, it really helps to hang out with a lot of men. You'll naturally start adopting their mannerisms in a way that can't really be taught outright. Your tone of voice, choice of words, the general way you carry yourself.