By Noname - 18/03/2009 01:24 - United States

Today, while I was out to eat, I was approached by the restaurant manager. He told me that while he respected my personal choices, his patrons didn't feel comfortable with someone who used to be a man using the women's restroom. He thought I was a transsexual. I am a naturally-born female. FML
I agree, your life sucks 384 019
You deserved it 36 156

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see why people would be uncomfortable seeing someone using the restroom, I mean the woman's washroom have stalls... unless you were standing while peeing... or doing perverted shit by peeking on someone then yea. I'm a female and I walk into the guy's if the girl's is locked. Seriously, transsexual or not, if you have to go you have to go. But then again a guy wouldn't be comfortable seeing a female in their washroom. I feel for you but I can't help but laugh at this situation.

Most transgendered people I know look *fantastic*, you'd be hard pressed to tell. That aside, what the manager did was also against the law (at least in the US). Transgendered people who have undergone sexual reassignment surgery are then LEGALLY the gender they transitioned to. In other words, if you are a transgendered person born a man who transitions to a woman and has surgery, you can have your birth certificate altered. You can also now legally marry a woman in any state in the United States, because you ARE a woman. And all THAT aside, I wouldn't care if someone was a transvestite, if you're dressed as a woman feel free to use the bathroom. Unless the person (ANY PERSON) is doing something other than appropriately using the facility...who cares. :P What a bigot that manager was!

Comments

The manager was just trying to do his job. Whoever reported you are the douche bags.

gottalovelife 0

Wow you must be really ugly then

@49: hold it :) JK/JK. This post is really terrible. sorry dudette.

#45 It's the freaking default name used when someone doesn't wish their name to show up.

Dang I hope you made a scene. That is so horrible. I think the manager was being insensitive and should have checked things out before he made such a comment. I would have at least got my meal for free.

wrestler_fml 0

If you really WERE a transsexual... I can understand chicks don't wanna see d*cks in the bathroom, I mean sure why not? They have a right to privacy. The problem lies in that you weren't a transsexual, and that he probably didn't whisper it, and also that he didn't ask if you were a woman first. He could have approached it more gently.. I THINK? or he could have just lied and said the bathrooms were out of order. haha

That is such... wow. I can't get over how rude that was of him. I agree: sue.

I could just as easily see the manager's FML on here. That's awkward and sucky for both of you. But at least he sounded somewhat rational about it. He could have approached the subject a lot more tactfully, but he ALSO could have told you to get your unnatural abomination tranny ass outta there. At least you saw enough humor in the situation to post on FML :) thanks. I loled guiltily.