Moral panics are the worst

By sorryidontlookthatfeminine - 14/03/2023 07:00 - United States - Washington

Today, after going to the clinic for my hormone therapy, I decided to go to the mall. I went into the ladies' room to pee, and I heard a guy asking if there was anyone in there who shouldn't be. Yeah, someone called security on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 803
You deserved it 1 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I cannot understand the ones who pressed YDI. Someone cares to explain?

Some of them may be mistakes. For those who meant it, screw them.

Comments

I cannot understand the ones who pressed YDI. Someone cares to explain?

Vesi 29

I was about to ask the same.. WTF people??

Some of them may be mistakes. For those who meant it, screw them.

Well obviously one of these pieces of trash is reading the comments and downvoting anyone who calls them out on their bullshit. Here's another comment for you to gag on you *******.

tiptoppc 19

Interestingly enough, about 100 years ago, you did not have separated gender bathrooms (meaning Co-Ed) so this has become a modern society problem. And with all the trans-phobic idiots out there crying “we’ll have sexual predators and rape by mixing genders!” Yeah, show me an actual case of that. You more likely have more problems going on in the same-gender restrooms, or even worse, it’s only happening to the trans crowd where the trans people are the victims. Not the perpetrator. With this world going to shit, I don’t want to live on this planet anymore…

Sam0921 8

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

So, after reading this diatribe, I have to assume that you also think that trans men are going after the boys. I’ve never seen any evidence of trans people molesting anyone. I mean, if you have a son don’t you let him go to the men’s room alone? Cos if so, there’s big chance that some cis man will touch your son, bigger than a trans woman touching your daughter. Just say it, man. “I hate trans people because I’m a hate-filled, bad-minded arsehole”. I’m willing to bet you don’t care about kids at all and just wanted to spread the horseshit. Grow up.

I understand where you're comming from. The thing is that we as a society have decided to not give people shit for what they believe and what they do with their bodies. If the price of having freedom to live your life how you want means we have to let others do the same and modify some word usage, definitions and bathroom etiquette than so be it.

@Sam0921 - Wow, you're a piece of shit. So is anyone who willingly agreed with you.

Just FYI, transphobia and TERFery will not be tolerated on FML. You can whine all you want about 'mah freedum of speech', but if your "critical thinking" is just regurgitating right-wing moral panic buzzwords, just go away.

This idea we must appear "feminine enough" to escape harrassment or violence is ludicrous. I don't want to have to adhere to their 1950s view of gender stereotypes just to escape their guns and fists.

My first thought was wondering if OP was there after hours, not that they were in the wrong bathroom. I was super co fused until I read all the comments and then reread the FML. I don’t see why security should go bother people in the bathroom unless they’re hiding in there after closing or doing something highly inappropriate… like shooting up.

Pointing out that's sexual harassment might help, and you can't help 'being ugly'. Bonus points if you burst into tears.