By search_me - 16/07/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, while going through airport security the lady asked why I folded everything so small. I said that I was going away for a month and needed to fit a lot of stuff in only one bag. She smiled, nodded and then dumped my luggage to search for "drugs and other illegal teen things." FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 966
You deserved it 3 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bah, the profiling system gets on my nerves :P

If it was a man, you could've said, "Because I needed to make room for my tampons."

Comments

BillyJoe88 0

If it was a TSA agent they really shouldn't be searching your bag for drugs or illegal items. They are really only supposed to check for items not allowed on the plane like bombs and bottles of water....the fact that they would go out of their way to search for "illegal" items and not "prohibited" items is stupid and borderline illegal....

Yea... that's customs' job, which you wouldn't have to deal with if you were on a domestic flight.

SomeGuy1234 0

Guh... I hate airport security, it was bad before 9/11 now it's just ridiculous. If we want to save some money in the budget the TSA could go tomorrow and noone would care or notice.

Whenever I've had to have my carry on searched, they unpack everything, but always pack it back up too. no big deal. the only way it would be an FYL is if it took so long you were late for your flight, which is why you always get to the airport SUPER EARLY!!!

the terrorists don't win when we check peoples luggae, they win when they get weapons on to a plane again and fly it in to another building.

Age discrimination lawsuit! Sue the sshhhhhhit out of her for saying 'teen' things! Airport security stopped me for my hookah, I just told them what it was and started up a conversation with the guy. He asked if it was a bomb, i told him no it's a legal smoking device and he said cool go on through. Glad I didn't get searched, would've sucked to lose my piece i had hidden :P

If you read the guidelines, they recommend having things packed neatly and such. That means that clothes should be layed flat, not rolled strangely. Better to err on the side of having too much room in your bags than to buy things on your trip and run out of space.

what the ****? which airport was this? Houston's Bush airport just lets people go about their business these days there's barely any hassle with security...... but that really does suck =/ sorry OP

Rolling actually takes up more space, but that's besides the point. I think the biggest part of the FML is that the airport security never packs it back in again. You have to do it there, at a small table where the security people are probably making you hurry on out of there.

shirvon100 0