By search_me - 16/07/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, while going through airport security the lady asked why I folded everything so small. I said that I was going away for a month and needed to fit a lot of stuff in only one bag. She smiled, nodded and then dumped my luggage to search for "drugs and other illegal teen things." FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 966
You deserved it 3 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bah, the profiling system gets on my nerves :P

If it was a man, you could've said, "Because I needed to make room for my tampons."

Comments

Really? You're posting an FML that your bag got searched in airport security? What did you expect to happen, them to give you a back massage and a playful smack on the ass?

My response: you unpack it, you pack it.

Typical ageism. I understand the need for security in airports despite what a pain in the ass it is, but this lady sounds like an ageist bitch who assumes anyone under 20 must be a criminal or a threat. Prejudice seems to be OK in these settings, pathetic.

fmljw 2

wow what a pain in the neck. and airlines wonder why they are going bankrupt..

i like how you think that folding clothes smaller makes more space somehow. is that like slicing a pizza into 20 slices makes more pizza than slicing it into 6 pieces?

This isn't exactly the same and you know it. When packaging a suitcase, there are often a lot of gaps between the clothes which can be used.

Pre-plane security is kinda pointless... If I was a terrorist I'd just blow up the airport :)

My last airplane trip, I had vacuum-packed puffier things, and rolled up smaller things and either packed them in sandwich bags or wrapped elastic bands around them. (When i travel i bring old stuff that i can throw away before going home). I put all my toiletries in clear sandwich bags for convenience, and managed to fit it all on a carry-on. Everything was clearly labeled with black sharpie to make re-packing easy, along with some extra vacuum packs and my compact handheld vacuum sealer. My bag got searched and I wasn't really all that inconvenienced because i got to the airport early. The guard was pissed that he DIDN'T find anything illegal in there. He was probably thinking that his life was effed.

Diphenyl 0

I don't go into as much detail as labeling everything I pack, but I pack really simply and conveniently, such as yourself. It just makes it easier. Thus I don't get all the bitchin' and moanin' that comes from people who would rather lament about their "rights" than just face what's already been written in the rules, and find ways to make it easier for themselves. I don't think of aeroport security a hassle at all.

cxal_fml 0

I've been selected for the 100 percent entirely random screening every time I flew in the past 5 years - and thats in four different countries. I don't think its 100 percent random because what are the odds that airport staff in all of those countries would single me out, without exception. The lady/man smiles and checks peoples tickets, comes to me, glances at me frowns, and announces I've been selected. If I had a name that wasn't so unique I could understand that I was getting mixed up with a terrorist, but according to google search, there is only one of me, and I'm not a terrorist

joerios12 2

wow i would have told her bitch now u fold and put it all back

Lubosh 0

WTF are those TSA Nazis looking for contraband. Weapon all right but everything else is unwarranted search and seizure. Kill this government.