By wife of a shithead - 06/07/2012 17:44 - Norway - Oslo

Today, my over-protective husband went into an extreme fit of jealousy at the sight of me breast-feeding our newborn baby boy. He's trying to make me bottle-feed our boy, because apparently it's "wrong" to let another guy touch my boobs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 380
You deserved it 4 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

its your kid . tell him to get over it , you're the one that had the baby and not him .

Somehow I think he's either the stupidest guy on earth or he's joking.

Comments

If he's daft enough to be jealous of a baby, you could just go with the argument that the kid is half him and half you, so in a way the pair of you are touching your boobs together. Failing that - or rather, hoping you don't actually have to use that kind of argument - sit down with him and tell him that he's being ridiculous, that your baby needs both the benefits that come from breastfeeding and the emotional benefits he gets from being in contact with you, and that it is your decision as to what happens. Odds are, he just resents the attention that the baby is getting (this is assuming that the baby is now your top priority where before it was him) and is probably a little sexually frustrated as well. It's him that needs to grow up and understand that there's a whole new person in your relationship and that things are going to change - there's no room for two babies, after all! (By the way, congrats on your baby =) )

I told my husband about this, and he agreed with your husband -_-

pengin 13

I'm sorry to say, but your husband sounds like a loser too. :(

Didn't mean to up vote. Btw it is a red flag. Your husband needs to grow up.

Flutterby23 0

you know the same thing happend to me with my son and husband. i wound up bottle feeding just to shut him up.I regret it. I have never heard of someone else having this issue before besides myself. Hence to say, we are no longer together and it's been 9 years. I am much happier now with a man who hasnt got jealousy issues over an infant.

Hm, I wonder if there is a psychological reasoning to and/or study of this phenomenon of men being this jealous and irrational of new born children breast feeding. It may be partially cultural with how sexualized breasts - designed for feeding babies - have become.

That's completely selfish of him seeing as breast milk is best for your baby.

flutter4 7

So sorry but you husband is a douche. I can't believe he is jealous over his own baby. I would keep a close eye on him.

He's not okay with another "guy" went through you ******. I can see that. Look for help lady!

Life_is_FML 22

The simplest solution is this: Sit down with your husband and explain that you love him, but as a mother, the needs of your child will always come first. He is being selfish, ridiculous and potentially endangering your child. Tell him that you will do whatever it takes to protect your child because he is, once again, the most important thing. You love him too, and you need his help. You married to be partners, and the child should only be strengthening your relationship. The child will always come first. That is the way of motherhood

Unfortunately some people never grow up and can't see reason to put the needs of their child first. I hope this guy is smart enough to realize he has a problem and get help. Once you start considering your own new born baby another man and romantic competition, you are well past doing it on your own and need a professional.

Don't tell that psycho that you're putting your child first.. He' ll probably hurt him. Your husband needs counseling, this is bazaar

If anything, you'd only deserve it for marrying such a ******** in the first place.

bubo_fml 10
rcgirl2 11

I hope he's joking. Because if I had a husband like that who's over protective, I would leave him in a heartbeat.