By MissyPants - 15/08/2015 08:22 - United States - Lebec

Today, my husband decided he would rather be with his mistress than with me while I gave birth to our first child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 589
You deserved it 2 474

MissyPants tells us more.

I am the op of this FML and I hope it shows that but let me explain this a little further. My soon to be ex husband has been cheating on me for the last few months of my pregnancy. I noticed the changes in him but I hoped it was just nerves over the baby. I actually caught him about three weeks before I went into labor and threw him out. I had planned on letting him be there when I gave birth to our baby girl but he didn't answer my calls. My mother was with me so I wasn't alone but I really thought he would want to see the birth of his first child. I have filed for divorce and have no problem being a single parent. He makes me physically ill at the moment but I have tried to be civil for our babies sake. I want him to be in her life because she deserves a dad but I can't force him to be one. I'm thrilled to be a mom no matter the circumstances and me and my daughter will be ok no matter what. Thank you all for the funny, sweet, and even mean comments; they make my day a little better.

Top comments

Take every penny that bastard has. Be relentless and brutal. Hire a good attorney, win some alimony, and leave him in the rear view mirror.

dancer824 18

Confused as to why this doesn't say 'about to be ex husband'

Comments

Marriage should be like a drivers license....renew only if YOU want to. Congrats on the child. Karma will take of hubby

This broke my heart, OP. I'm so sorry. :( hopefully you have a strong support system made of friends & family to help you during this difficult time. & congrats on your new bundle of joy!

You deserve better OP! What a horrible guy! Congrats on your child!

Ninjerman 7

kick his ass in the nuts! My choice of wording is every bit as painful as it sounds!

I sincerely hope that whoever is voting YDI is clicking it accidentally, this situation is horrible. And to OP, I hope that you divorce that cheating asshole and find a good husband and father for your child

I think sometimes people just do it for the medals.

Divorce...and if he comes crawling back crush him like a cockroach

You gave birth to YOUR child who's gonna live with YOU in YOUR house and get driven to school in YOUR Porsche.