By Autocorrected - 04/03/2012 05:02 - Philippines

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me through a text message. In retaliation, I started typing a long list of everything I hate about her. Just as I pressed the send button, she text me again saying "Just joking. You know I'd never leave you. Love you babe :)" FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 662
You deserved it 31 430

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who fake dumps someone? Who dumps over txt msg? Gah, there is something wrong with your girl.

Comments

SHE was the immature one. They obviously are not in a place in their relationship where such a text is appropriate. Yeah, he could have taken a minute to respond but her text should not have been sent to begin with.

OP isn't a glowing beacon of maturity either. My initial reaction to being broken up with over text wouldn't be to explode into a rant about how awful the person "breaking up" with me is. The logical thing to do in this situation would be to ask what's wrong. :/ At least that's what I would do if someone text dumped me out of the blue for no apparent reason. What if it was a legit break up text and whatever happened was a simple misunderstanding? Wouldn't you rather initially try and see what's wrong to see if it's fixable instead of blowing up and telling them they suck?

Your girlfriend has a funny sense of humor..... Seriously, who in their right minf would fake-break-up with someone and think it's funny?

I once knew a person who thought it'd be funny to pretend that one of my friends was dead on her front lawn through text… Bitches be crazy.

That's not funny at all, but you should've waited a couple of days before sending that text. Well let's hope she gets you're sense of "humour" as well.

FML has taught me that you have several options in this situation: A) My sister stole my phone and sent that! B) My iPod autocorrect messed up C) lol just kidding! D) I meant that to go to my mother Any one of these should work according to FML posters. Good luck.

^ I'd like to pick A) as my final answer, for the $32,000, Regis. ;P

Shadow_Phantom 26

Wow. You NEVER joke about breaking up with someone. If you really typed that long of a list, it's probably best you split. FYL.

Both of you are clearly immature idiots. She is one for sending a fake breakup text and you are one for retaliating like a child. Who the hell sends a list of things they hate about someone to them just for breaking up with them? That's immature to the max and completely heartless too. You should never retaliate at someone for deciding you aren't right for them, whether they are joking or not, as all you will be doing is causing unnecessary pain. You are someone who will not last in a long term relationship if you react to things in such an immature manner.

If someone breaks up with you through text, I think there's still a lot you could do to retaliate while keeping the moral high ground. Breaking up via text is a very cowardly way and although compiling a list of things you hate about someone might not be the most mature way to respond, I could perfectly understand why OP would want to.

OP never said what was in her text, just that she broke up with him. How can you tell she didn't call him names and was needless cruel in the way she "broke up" either? How can you be sure he reacted without provocation and that his reason was just "breaking up"? If she sends a break up text as a prank and gives him enough time to write the whole hate list before saying it was a joke just to imagine him feeling bad, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if she had started the whole hate list thing in the first text.

52, Nobody could recover from a "joke" like that. The fake break up is one thing, but if they were to include "heres a list of shit I hate about you" to it, you might as well just follow through with a proper break up on the grounds of "I'm a complete moron".

I hope you included her ridiculous sense of humour in that list of yours. Gosh.

raboof 4

There's also something not quite right when you can relatively quickly come up with a 'list of things you hate' that she didn't know about. If you guys can get over the fact that both of you were being jerks and talk this through this might turn into a new more honest/open start.