By Dr_Gip - 18/10/2012 04:50 - United States

Today, I was so engrossed in a phone call that I drove off without pumping gas after I'd prepaid $50. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 928
You deserved it 43 849

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

That's why you don't talk on your phone at the gas station.

Am I the only one wondering what that phone call was about?

Osito2011 9

Look at the bright side op...at least you did make an static electric charge, causing you to blow yourself or your car up.

Shadowvoid 33

It's not impossible to post an FML from the burn ward, you do only get so many characters to explain. I take that back, if you have AT&T you may never be able to post an FML.

holleester93 0

#19 and why is that if u have AT&T?

merryhappy1887 20

I have AT&T and an iPhone and I'm still posting what now lol...

gree_fml 11

I'm pretty sure if someone were able to post an FML after being in an explosion, it would be the top FML ever. "Today I wasted fifty dollars... and exploded"

I once left £100 in a cashpoint after receving a phone call. I feel your pain and it can happen to the best of us.

SDTD10 5

So what I'm getting from your comment is that say it can happen to the best of us you are implying that you are the best of the human race. Yeah right

Or the worst of us... I think is more like it.

It usually cancels within 60 seconds if u paid at the pump. If not, go back and get your cash lol.

momolee 4

Unless his car ran out of gas and he couldn't drive back

exitdecay 6

whole new meaning to pay it forward

whiteboy896 9

Dannng, coulda just gave it to me if you're gonna give it away just like that.

Or we could give you a voucher for a spelling class. Because you look like you need it.

whiteboy896 9

Why? Because I rather use the word coulda instead of could of..? Get off my dick please. Good enough for you?

You missed a couple, 'whiteboy': *Dang *given Any mature young adult or adult doesn't need to add 'nnnnnn's to their statement to create emphasis. I'm surprised you could see your dick with your head up your ass.

71- you have a good point, but that last part was unnecessary.

Maybe he just likes to type how he would actually say it. Sure some people can type/text (I'm on the app) so bad that you can't even understand it (My boss..). But His spelling wasn't even that bad.

Forget the spelling; the whole comment was thumbs down!!

I would say something back, but ManinMachine just put it it perfectly.

Kallian_fml 21

On the bright side, you just made a strangers day. Just pretend you were trying to be generous on purpose.

Yeah you can consider it your good deed for the day OP.

It's easy to forget things, don't feel bad about it!

You aren't supposed to be on your cell at the gas station anyway. You sooo deserved it!

BellaBelle_fml 23

The 1999 urban myth about cell phones igniting fires when in use at a gas pump was disproven this year. They even deliberately tried to ignite a fire with a cell phone at a gas pump and were unable to do so.

That's not The only reason you're not supposed to talk on a cell at a gas station. It causes a distraction and that's where things go wrong. For example chatting on the phone and you need a pen so while you're pumping you decide to sit in the car while its pumping (now worst case scenario) you don't notice the auto shut off valve is broken so it just keeps pumping and it over fills the car. When You FINALLY notice, you jump out of the car (without discharging the static electricity from the seat in the car). As you're about to grab the nozzle a static charge is created and boom, now there's a fire. Now I know this IS extreme, all I'm saying is talking on a cell phone is still hazardous because it takes our attention away from the task at hand. Which in this case can be very dangerous.

Regardless of what you think about talking on a cell phone while at a gas station, it is still a crime and therefore punishable by law. There are signs all over the pumps that say so.

BellaBelle_fml 23

I looked up the laws on cell phone use at gas pumps, every link I read said that it was perfectly legal. I did, however, find that in Spain it is illegal.

28 - I'm on the mobile app so I can't see, but here do you live that has signs like that? I've been all along the west coast from northern Mexico to southern Canada and don't recall ever seeing a sign like that when we filled up.

Why are there signs at all the Pumps here, reading "No Cell Use"?

BellaBelle_fml 23

I have lived in Connecticut and California, I've driven from coast to coast 8 times, and I have never seen a sign at a petrol station stating that cell phone use was prohibited.

MiloBear 11

I live in South Africa and every petrol station I've been to has multiple signs warning not to use cellphones. But here we have petrol pump attendants who do all the work for us, so the only way this FML could happen here is if the attendant screwed you over on purpose.

There are signs everywhere in ontario Canada. I have even heard the over-com come on and tell people to get off their phones.

merryhappy1887 20

I live in NY and every pump I go to says no smoking and no cell phones.. A few companies put warnings in their user manuals to. Op deserved it and obviously was talking while driving to if they pulled away and still didn't realize they didn't get gas.

I am a police officer and it would never even cross my mind to arrest someone for talking on their cell phone at the pump...

Just because you wouldn't arrest someone doesn't mean it's not illegal... Would you arrest someone for jaywalking?

There'd likely have record that u didn't actually fill up