It's for the best

By yesguysgetabusedtoo - 24/05/2013 23:42 - New Zealand - Papamoa

Today, my girlfriend had someone else dump me via text message. I knew it wasn't her because for once I wasn't being viciously insulted, and it wasn't written as if an illiterate baboon had taken a shit all over her keypad. I can't even feel happy about being rid of her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 612
You deserved it 6 946

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well it looks like life might get better without her.

Why did you choose to stay with her if you were always "viciously insulted"?

Comments

I'm very sorry to hear. And I feel bad mostly because your now ex girlfriend sounds really stupid and annoying.

Well OP also sounds "stupid and annoying" for dating someone he doesn't like. Obviously the girl isnt the only baboon.

Something tells me you wouldn't be so harsh if OP was a woman and the abuser was a guy. Clue's in OP's name, idiot.

Why did you choose to stay with her if you were always "viciously insulted"?

Dunno why you got thumbs down, this is totally a legit question

Thank you. I know if my boyfriend was always insulting me, I wouldn't be sticking around.

Maybe she's relatively attractive, given that OP would even decide to date an 'illiterate baboon.'

TheDrifter 23

She who wields the ****** holds the power. That's why he stayed.

I'm assuming the OP's girlfriend was fine when they first started dating, then when the relationship went downhill, that's when she started "viciously insulting" him.

#45, and that should have been the day he left. Or shortly after if it continued.

TwiztedYuri 9

maybe that's what he likes... people can be weird

That's all easier said than done. OP obviously still loved her so im guessing that's why he didn't break up with her.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Also, judging from his username, she was abusive. We know she was emotionally abusive, but she could also have been physically abusive. And abusers have a way of making their victims feel sorry for them, and that it's their own fault why they've been abused, and so they continue to stay with the abusive partner. I'm not saying this is exactly what happened with OP, but it could possibly be something like this.

Abusive relationships don't always follow logic.

@56 Yes, most women are only partially ***** anyway.

People that don't even have the courage to break up with you face to face are almost never worth it.

I agree. OP, YDI. Dodged a bullet there.

It's not so much YDI for losing them or being rid of them but a FYL for the person lacking the decency to not be able to end it themselves. Kudos too for staying loyal regardless of the bitchiness your girl friend sent your way

SystemofaBlink41 27

Could have been her mom. My ex had his mom pretend to be his new girlfriend and dump me via text. No balls man, no balls.

DKjazz 20

What? WHAT?! Surely you're kidding. Even if it WAS his new girlfriend, what kind of way is that to break up with someone? "Yeah, he told me to tell you, that HE'S MINE NOW, BITCH". But add the fact that it's his mother, who willingly played the role. Ugh.

You're obviously better off without her then. :)

True_NonBeliever 6

Well at least you're finally rid of her, doesn't matter who sent the text :)

nattynatters 14

Be happy! You're better off without an idiot girlfriend.

Give her a piece of your mind! Take all those frustrations out on her and hopefully it'll give you some satisfaction. Don't just let someone get away with treating you like garbage. You deserve better!

Or he could just text her back saying that he has been waiting for the moment her sorry ass will be out of his life, and now that the moment has finally arrived, he will be celebrating!!

She'd just end up retorting that he could have broke up with her at any point in time.

If she's annoyed you that bad, why was she the one that needed to break up with you?

I'm assuming that she wasn't that way in the beginning of the relationship and by the time she started mentally abusing him, he already loved her.