Hair of the dog

By shartface12 - 06/06/2014 22:01 - United States - San Jose

Today, after a big house party the night before, I woke up with a dry mouth and a pounding hangover. I took a swig from a cup I'd left on my bedside table the night before, thinking it was water. Nope; it was vodka. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 966
You deserved it 43 629

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thee_most_dope 30

totally saw that one coming lol

Comments

thee_most_dope 30

totally saw that one coming lol

I totally thought it was going to be pee from the middle of the night.

43 - In the wise words of Cleveland from Family Guy, "Oh, that's nasty."

I assumed it would be an ashtray cup/can. Something he put a cigarette, or three, out in the night before.

Maybe it was a present from your last night's self? Mix that with some Powerade and you're good to go!

Couldn't you smell the difference though.. How does that even happen..

OP might just have been in desperation for a drink as soon as he woke up. We don't always think clearly right as we break out of unconsciousness.

badluckalex 23

@5- I would still check the cup at least! Although, I have heard that taking a shot the morning after a nght of drinking helps with a hangover.

I've done it before too, I don't typically get hungover but when I do I tend to not be able to register certain things, e.g. smells.

AnOriginalName 19
91hayek 31

Or chew spit, semen and piss in a beer.

tpm45 25

And this is why you don't get so drunk that you end up like that. You're lucky that it was at least drinkable, OP.

Eh I wouldn't necessarily say that. I've been drunk plenty of times and woke up without a hangover. Then I drank something different once and didn't even get past a buzz but I was puking the next morning.

It could have been much worse. I was relieved that the FML ended with vodka instead of throw up or cigarette butts. Yuck!

AnOriginalName 19

I think it's waking up with a hangover

Might as well brush your teeth with a bottle of jack while you're at it.

Did he wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy?

Then grabbed his glasses and went out the door.

Of course, because when he leaves for the night he ain't coming back.

Average mouth wash has actually more alcohol than Jack (if you don't believe me just check for ethanol % on label).

Yikes! But still, it could've been worse. Never trust any drink you find after a party o_O