By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 525
You deserved it 16 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

jdkfgkjdfb 0

That's a rude, dumb, disrespectful to other people way of proposing.

Oh come on you people, the movie was interrupted - big deal,it's not like they just stopped it and never resumed it. After all, when you watch a movie on tv it's interrupted a million times and you're still able to follow it. And maybe it wasn't the best way to propose but it shows he's not afraid to demonstrate his feelings in front of so many people,which is very sweet. OP: Congrats!

**** off! Your boyfriend stop a movie in the middle of it and didn't expect some sort of outrage? I would have started booing and throwing stuff. I would have asked for my money back and a free viewing of the rest of the movie with the two of you escorted out. What movie was it? Bet it wasn't Star Trek. Those people would have red shirted both of you. I wonder what his next great idea is gonna be. Romantic dinner in the hot tub. "Hold on honey, let me plug in the toaster."

NancyDeebensDPDS 0

you don't have toast for dinner, smart one.

Why did you think the general public would be all cushy about the proposal? They paid for the movie and expect to watch it uninterrupted.

Depends on the movie. Some chick flick, fine. Action movie, no. **** flick, fine.

Some of these people are ridiculous. No, nor you or your fiance (husband now?) deserved it. I'm sure it took 5 minutes at the most of people's time. No one should of been that disrespectful by throwing something like that at you guys. If I were there I would told the guy off for being so rude. And people act as if it costs 30 dollars for a movie ticket and that they stopped showing it all together. Hell, if I didn't like the fact that the movie was paused like that so much, then I just would of gotten up and used that time to go to the bathroom or something. Anyway, congrats!

Are you ******* serious? I'd kick the dudes ass for interrupting my movie. What a douche. I mean, congrats and all that shit, but, **** man, get a clue! I hope all the other people that went to see a movie, not some dumbass propose, got their money back.

How could he even do that - does he own the cinema? Is he the projectionist? Also just because you can doesn't mean that you should.

Emika_fml 0

I agree that the type of movie totally matters. Proposal during romantic French flick at the local indie theater with a crowd of five = superb; proposal during the summer's newest blockbuster at the multiplex in front of a packed house = leaning towards assholery. I'm sure the real case was somewhere between these extremes, and in any case, congrats!