By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 525
You deserved it 16 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

I would be so pissed if some dick i didn't know stopped a movie that i paid to see so that he could propose to someone else i didn't know. That has to be one of the most inconsiderate proposals I've ever heard of. I would have thrown a coke. Plus, that sounds completely unromantic, and generally not classy. When i hit YDI, it's because he's an idiot.

Seti_fml 0

That's a pretty shitty way to propose first of all. Also, its kind of (well more than kind of) incredibly inconsiderate to all the other movie-goers to stop a movie they all paid for. Now that i've thought about it though... YOU didn't deserve it at all, your boyfriend (or fiance if you accepted) deserved it. You have my sympathy for being thrown into that situation.

That was stupid of him. I'd be really pissed if some random stopped the movie in the middle to propose. WTF IS THAT, HONESTLY. Those people paid money to see that movie too. At least you have a funny story to tell the kids if you do end up getting married, right?

Tim3 0

That guy who threw that. Give him a kick in the balls and a punch in the face for me. K, THX BAI

musu_fml 0

#9 Why should they have to put up with the (albeit minor) inconvenience when it's easily avoidable and utterly unnecessary? Why would you WANT your special moment to inconvenience anyone, even slightly? Besides, the stop in the film isn't down to the length of the break, it's the fact the break happened all; the experience and the immersion in the story/suspense/humour/drama is ruined by the break, not a nice thing to do to an audience full of people who paid through the nose and put up with a lot of rubbish (adverts, trailers, queues, sticky seats, etc) to enjoy their film. YDI!

YDI for having a douchebag boyfriend who doesn't give a shit about people who payed good money to watch a movie, uninterrupted.

iammark26 0

man, that is so disrespectful.

#29 If it were a romantic movie, I'd rather enjoy it than feel inconvenient. Though I'm curious about which flick it was...