By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 523
You deserved it 16 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

I mean people didn't pay $12 to watch u get proposed to

I agree I would definely throw something at him

Who the **** pays 12$ for a movie? I only pay like 4$ to see a movie.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

YDI for having a boyfriend that had to make such a big deal about you two now entering the sexless stage of your relationship. P.S. I wouldn't waste Coke on you, maybe pepsi =D

Unless the couple expected people to cheer for them and congratulating them etc. If they wanted to do it public shoulda done it somewhere nicer xp

Back in the good 'ol days we only needed to pay... nvm

sorry that happened but next time don't get proposed to in a movie !!!

Gondile 4

did you seriously say next time Are you retarded

elara15 0

Your fiance should have considered the inconvenience to the theater patrons. Public proposals are obnoxious. At least at a restaurant you can keep on eating and not giving a ****.

Hahahaha, that has got to be one of the most unromantic settings ever. The only one that would top that is a brothel.

ben26_fml 0

by clicking YDI, i really mean HE deserves it

That Guy is just rude and has problems with patience. did you say yes?

proposals should be private and personal, not to mention creative. These situations where the original activity has to be interrupted for the sake of two people whom everyone else doesn't even know, nor will ever see again, are a clear example of why. I would have been the one throwing the coke here.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

plum_lovin 28

I don't think that's what he was thinking when he proposed and maybe he did it for a reason... like maybe they met in a theater or something.,. But throwing a soda that's jacked.

noordinarylove 0

That is the DUMBEST idea for a proposal ever. Your fiance deserves the soda being thrown at his head and you deserve it for being with an idiot who would interrupt a movie.

Err...the coke was thrown at the OP's head...not her fiances...

And it wasn't OP's idea to interrupt the movie it was her fiancé's..

Wait, wait. You mean he got them to stop in the MIDDLE of the movie just so he could propose to you? I'd be pissed if I was watching that movie. Happy for you, but pissed. Especially if it was in the middle of an interesting part. On the other hand, you're lucky to have a boyfriend who managed to convince the movie people to turn off the movie in the middle. He's got perseverance. I doubt they'd just instantly agree to cutting off the movie. Right in the middle. Hope things go well with your boyfriend. Oh, and by the way, be happy. YOU GOT FREE COKE!

Whether or not it is a dumb idea (and I do agree that it's very dumb), the proposal happened and the patrons could at least put up with three minutes of not watching the movie and respected the proposal for what it was, because it happened.