By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 525
You deserved it 16 205

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

sole21000 0

I can't believe some of the people here. Yeah the fiance is so wrong for interrupting an oh-so-important movie so he could propose to his future wife (and on those grungy floors as well...). I guess people can't be happy for strangers nowadays. It's only a couple minutes and it's rare enough that you won't see one often. I woulda knocked that guy out, then finished proposing.

It's not always about the movie. Maybe that guy was supposed to meet someone right after the movie, or had shit to do and had a tight schedule. Not only is it rude to ruin everyone elses movie experience that they paid for, but it's also a shitty place to purpose. I would have thrown the coke too, I hate when people purposely inconvenience others for selfish reasons. And try knocking someone out that is just going to block your attack with a knife, or shoot you, since it'll legally be self defense on his part.

I think doing it at a movie theater during a movie is a no-no.

I agree with #9 and #11. We can all take 2 minutes to be happy for one another.. Public proposals show that he wants to show you off to the world. The world may not care but it's really romantic and it's about having their moment. Oh, & congratulations, OP (:

**** the world, congrats with your engagement. At least you'll remember it forever now :3 Really, the engagement of two people should take priority over a movie, no matter what movie.

that ass could have waited the two minutes-talk about impatient -i really hope your finance beat the crap out of the guy that threw the cup at you.

alex_vik 0

I would have done the exact same thing. Well, not throw my coke, because that stuff is expensive at movies, but I would've yelled for them to turn the movie back on. Your boyfriend inconvenienced everyone at that movie.

crownme 0

It was a dumb idea && anyone who agrees with the OP or her future husband is && idiot

dancer80 4

It was not her falt! And i think he was just trying to be creative.

Not a good idea... before or after the movie. Frankly I'm surprised the theatre even went along with it Now personally I wouldn't find a theatre to be the spot I'd like but...

I would have been mortified to be proposed to like that. I'd say YDI but it's really your fiancee who deserved it. He should have through better and taken you to the theater, and proposed when intermission was called or something if he wanted such an audience.

Yes, it's a couple of minutes, but people paid good money to see that movie. If it was a private showing with all your friends it would have been cool, but interrupting everyone else's movie is not cool. That's much worse than answering your cell phone in a movie.

agreed but @ least it made 4 a funny story lol

alliewillie 22

I guess it shouldn't but it bothers me that you didn't take time for the one extra letter that would have made "@" into "at". When did everyone get so lazy?