By FML1994 - 14/06/2009 17:20 - United States

Today, my family was discussing the new rules of the house we are moving in. They told my sister she couldn't have any boys in her room. They didn't tell me I couldn't have any girls in my room. Even my parents think I can't get a girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 264
You deserved it 4 987

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CassandraBear93 0

Thats just how parents are, way more protective over their "little girl" when it comes to the opposite sex

Maybe they specifically aren't forbidding you to have girls in your room...

Comments

scorpioserpent 1

Yeahh, the double standard sucks! I'm not allowed to have sex before marriage(f that), but if I were a boy, my parents would not care... But i don't think guys should get it easy just bc they "can't get pregnant". At least if your own daughter is prego, you can make her have the abortion....if someone elses daughter gets pregnant, it's up to them if they want to keep the kid and they will sue for child support...and guess who will likely be paying...

I_Am_Awesome 0

So when you say that they THINK you can't get a girlfriend, you mean that they KNOW.

testing_fml 0

supid, think twice. it's not that they don't think you can get a gf, but that this is just the way it is...: parents forbid their little girls to meet, because no matter how emancipated females may be, there's still a notion of females being more vunerable (especially in an emotional sense) than males. that's why they forbid your sister boys' visits and they don't forbid girls in your room.

And you're complaining about this because....?

QueenOfMelodrama 0

How old are you? Are you older than your sister? Maybe it's because you're older and they think it's okay. If not, then look at the bright side. You were never forbidden to have girls in your room!

That is the case of sexism... Sorta. My parents do that all the time to me and my brother. He gets to do a lot more things than me. And I do a lot more chores than he does. You shouldn't really complain about this. It's more of an F-your sister's life than FYL. Parents are always a little more overprotective to girls than guys. So you might want to think twice before thinking it's an FML.

maybe they just have more trust in you than your sister.....

sondramcfail 0

Maybe it was just an annoying double standard thing. Or maybe they trust you more. At least you don't have to worry about that rule...?

Are you serious, OP? Way to be melodramatic and jump to conclusions. Quit feeling sorry for yourself.

pascx42 0

1. U got no life 2. Parents are more protective of daughter 3. Parents trust you more