Beggars can't be choosers

By I'm grown, damnit! - 21/06/2023 18:00

Today, my mom won't let me have the extra hotel room she booked all to myself, even though it's just me, her, and my sister. Basically I can share a room with her or with my sister, but I can't be alone. I'm 23. FML
I agree, your life sucks 572
You deserved it 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

next time, pay for your own accommodations.

Alternate solution. Pay for your own room.

Comments

And why should you have it, and not your sister? Or your mother? If your mother booked it, using her money (which it sounds like, since there's no other information), I'd say just shack up with your sister and deal with it.

So, you are saying Beggars can't be choosers?

On the one hand, I completely understand the urge to have a space of your own to unwind on vacation. On the other hand, if there’s three of you over two rooms and she paid for them, well, she gets dibs. And that’s speaking as someone who has shared a room with either her mother or her sister on vacation every single year for decades.

Your mom really doesn't want to be stuck in a room with your sister.

Mum doesn't want to be in a room with either of them in fact. Given how entitled OP comes off as, thinking they deserve a room of their own on their mother's dime, I can understand her not wanting to share. I feel sorry for the sister who has to put up with OP.

If you paid for your own room you could sleep wherever you want.

next time, pay for your own accommodations.

Alternate solution. Pay for your own room.