A few good men?

By notthe1punchinglittlegirls - 01/07/2017 14:00

Today, I was visiting my in-laws and sharing a room with my husband's 17-year-old sister. Later that night she and her brother of 24 years started fist-fighting over an air mattress and I had to pull them off each other. The brother later berated me with, "You can't handle any pressure!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 182
You deserved it 376

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why didn't you share a room with someone else? someone like, oh I don't know, your husband?

haven't you ever heard of fighting siblings? it's quite extreme to assume a long time abuse.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

haven't you ever heard of fighting siblings? it's quite extreme to assume a long time abuse.

This idiot doesn't understand how people work.

That's just how siblings work. I'm a 17 year old girl and my brother is 21 and if it comes down to it neither one of us are scared of roughing the other one up. That's just how we were when we were younger so it sometimes shows now. Lots of siblings still fight like they're children, it's not a big deal and no parents are going to think that either child is abusing the other because of a little sibling rivalry, let alone accuse the adult sibling for assault.

I'm the youngest out of 3, my middle sister nearly broke my finger on purpose than lied to the police. Just because they're a sibling doesn't mean it was am accident, sometimes it's on purpose.

No I don't know how "healthy" sibling rivalry- which I think is bullshit anyway- works, because when my older brother and I fought it led to broken bones, concussions, and PTSD for me and stab wounds on his arms for him. Sibling rivalry CAN become abuse, and a lot of people sit on their ass and ignore it because "oh, they're siblings, one trying to do major bodily harm to the other is NORMAL!" I'd rather point of the possibility than be the same type of person that led to me having cracked ribs three times.

F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M 4

Just because you had an experiance doesn't mean others will too you dumbfuck

Why would you stab someone and blame them for crushing your ribs? Play nice and they might too. Stab someone and what the **** do you expect?

why didn't you share a room with someone else? someone like, oh I don't know, your husband?

Maybe her husband didn't go with her, or her in laws have this crazy rule that, even though their married, they can't sleep in the same room?

I assumed that if there were only 3 bedrooms, and 2 opposite sex sibling living there, that it meant girls would bunk together. Otherwise brother and sister would have to share a room so hubby and wife could have a room.

Was the air mattress under-inflated? And if she's 17, how can she have a brother for 24 years?

24 year old brother. That's what makes "of" different that "for".

You see people writing things like "my boyfriend of 7 years," and it doesn't mean he's a 7-year-old.

ArbiterOfFML 24

Sir, people who wants to sound traditional or old fashioned says it as such. My great uncle says " I am of seventy years".

zeffra13 31

Is this 24-year-old brother of your sister-in-law your husband? Or is there a third sibling involved?

Lobby_Bee 17

You let that one little comment get under your skin? YDI.

ProperPengTing 15

Slap him with the mattress

Next time you go visit spring for a hotel near by.

chickensheep 15

He can she have a brother of 24 years if she is only 17 years old?

ArbiterOfFML 24

this is a copied comment. That is like asking how can I have a 62 year old grandmother.

Why were you not sleeping in the same bed as your husband? And why was it your job to stop the sibling rivalry?

ArbiterOfFML 24

If it was fun, then cute, but wrong place. If serious or aggravated, notifying the parents or police are the correct steps.