By Saphira - 11/11/2009 06:43 - United States

Today, my dad's girlfriend threw me a birthday party and all the gifts, decorations, and the cake were according to my age, which they thought was 12. I turned 13 today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 250
You deserved it 8 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IllegalLight 0

If your dad's girlfriend is like 35 or whatever.. get her a 40 year old balloon on her next birthday :P She won't be happy either.

Kylias 6

Aww, that sucks. Congrats and happy birthday! And congratulations on being 13 and typing more coherently than most of the older crowd.

Comments

Maybe it's because you don't look ... "developed" ... enough yet. ㄟ㋛ㄏ

Bishop0523 0

you really suck you are selfish and I hope you get herpys

jessx0x 0

Wow, #82 if you're going to insult someone, at least check your spelling. It's spelled "herpies." :) I definitely don't think you did a typo there and you really think "herpies" is spelled "herpys" lmfao.

GabriLee 0

Actually, it's herpes. Half credit for trying, though!

I know it must be a downer that your dad's girlfriend mixed up your age, but it's an easy enough mistake to make. When she bought these things, you /were/ 12. But she took the time, effort, and money to throw you a party with gifts, decorations, and cake... you're a lucky kid. I hope you appreciate it.

it's not really an fml it was nice that your dads girlfriend made the effort to throw you a party so hopefully you weren't ungrateful and stomped out crying. the fml part is that your dad didn't know how old you are

It's not that much of a big deal, they cared enough to throw you a birthday party in the first place and I bet they feel pretty terrible they got the age wrong. The point is what on Earth is a 13 year old doing on this site anyway, half this stuff doesn't relate to you at all...

It's not ungrateful for someone to expect her to remember how old she was turning. Why even go to the effort at all if you're gonna do it half-assed. I think if I had the choice, I would've said toss the birthday party unless you're gonna do it right, otherwise all you are is disappointed and the purpose of even having a party has gone down the toilet...