By Saphira - 11/11/2009 06:43 - United States

Today, my dad's girlfriend threw me a birthday party and all the gifts, decorations, and the cake were according to my age, which they thought was 12. I turned 13 today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 250
You deserved it 8 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IllegalLight 0

If your dad's girlfriend is like 35 or whatever.. get her a 40 year old balloon on her next birthday :P She won't be happy either.

Kylias 6

Aww, that sucks. Congrats and happy birthday! And congratulations on being 13 and typing more coherently than most of the older crowd.

Comments

Mx_Rider 6

holy shit i agree with you ^^^ 13 yr olds on fml? shouldnt you be playing with toys? noo this generation is way to ****** with technology and trends. bet anything you have a nice looking i phone,some nice heels,stunna shades,the best looking jeans,and thongs... sigh what has this world come to...

grimacedia 0

Damn, why is everyone being so rude about it? It's not too much to ask for your father to remember your birthday, whatever year it happens to be.

Quit bitching. Be glad someone cares enough to throw you parties. After my 11th birthday, my parents told me I'm too old to be celebrating birthdays.

I mean really, stop inventing drama. She threw you a goddamn party and made an honest mistake. Woe is you, nobody understands you, you hate the world, and all that shit. Get over yourself.

1234jnimawe 0

shutup selfish be grateful they even cared enough to throw u a party

rhcpfan 0

I think I should spell it out for the stupid people who say this isn't an FML. It's been said before, but maybe I'll say it again. The girlfriend has somewhat of an excuse to get the birthday wrong because she's getting to know her or whatever. It's an FML because her FATHER does not remember her correct age. Does that need more explaining or are people gonna continue to whine saying it's no big deal? Right. And as others were saying, you only turn into a teen once.

I don't think she's complaining about the party being messed up. She's upset because her own FATHER forgot his daughter's birthday. And yes, 13 is a very important year. And there is a big difference in turning 13 from 12. It's sad to see that so many people on this site automatically assume the worst in people and just want to criticize them.

Rhaegar 0

There's no difference. Stop deluding yourself. Just because someone cares a lot (e.g. the psycho OP) doesn't mean their obsession is justified.

ihatestupidppl 0

Completely unnecessary to jump down OP's throat for this. I mean really, I'm shocked FML hasn't been shut down yet since apparently, none of the posts are ever FMLs. Anyway, OP, at least she put in some sort of effort. Yeah, you'd kind of expect someone who cares enough to throw you a party to also care enough to know what age you are, but this might be something you look back at in a few years and laugh about.