By Saphira - 11/11/2009 06:43 - United States

Today, my dad's girlfriend threw me a birthday party and all the gifts, decorations, and the cake were according to my age, which they thought was 12. I turned 13 today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 250
You deserved it 8 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IllegalLight 0

If your dad's girlfriend is like 35 or whatever.. get her a 40 year old balloon on her next birthday :P She won't be happy either.

Kylias 6

Aww, that sucks. Congrats and happy birthday! And congratulations on being 13 and typing more coherently than most of the older crowd.

Comments

nickie226 0

Thats so sad!! What an awful dad.

Big freakin' woop-dee-doo. It's so horrible they got your age wrong by one year. You WERE 12, get over it. Either way you're at that age where you think everything is about, and guess what, it isn't. How the hell did this not get rejected.

Woww big difference. That's what I thought when I read this.

From personal experience, step-mothers and father's girlfriends purposefully mess up your birthdays so you don't spend any time with your father and they can have him all to herself. I would have told the **** that you are 13 and not 12 right in front of everyone so she feels really stupid.

this does not deserve to be a FML be grateful she had the decency to throw you a party not whiny about her being off by a year if this is really how you define your life as f@wked up i wonder what it means when your life is a living hell

ummm they are probably grateful for the party they were thrown, the fml is that his dad doesnt even know how old he is.. his own dad.. that is sad.

wolfpep 0

Stop attacking the poor guy.. The FML below is someone who got woken up by a car alarm, he said FML but he isn't really saying that his life is fukd up. Most kids get excited about becoming a teenager (i know i was) and the maturity that came with that. Having a parent/step-parent/parent's partner get that wrong kind of diminishes that you are going to be treated as a teenager rather than a child. And I really doubt a 13 year old male would run out of a room crying because of the silly woman, my guess would be that he laughed it off.

youthink_fml 0

So she was off by a year. So what?!

I think it is more the fact that her Dad didn't point out to his girlfriend that she is turning 13, and obviously doesn't know how old his daughter is.

wolfpep 0

or maybe she was heaps superstitious.

my dad put on a greyhound home for my 13th birthday, without remembering it was my birthday so i get it years later why this is an fml, i still remember how it felt for my dad not to know my bd good for step mom to try, an get used to it, she will make mistakes but probably try her but off to make tings work between you all

Punkartmama 0

That sucks! At least they didn't totally forget about your birthday...