By Saphira - 11/11/2009 06:43 - United States

Today, my dad's girlfriend threw me a birthday party and all the gifts, decorations, and the cake were according to my age, which they thought was 12. I turned 13 today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 252
You deserved it 8 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IllegalLight 0

If your dad's girlfriend is like 35 or whatever.. get her a 40 year old balloon on her next birthday :P She won't be happy either.

Kylias 6

Aww, that sucks. Congrats and happy birthday! And congratulations on being 13 and typing more coherently than most of the older crowd.

Comments

tony8pie 0

I'm sooo sorry that your family cares enough to throw you a birthday party! Grow up you spoiled little shit!!!

We need higher standards for what constitutes an FML. Otherwise, we get people like this kid whining about some mundane, inconsequential bullshit that no one really cares about. Take my advice, kid: if the biggest problem in your life right now is that a few party favors had the wrong age on them, then you need to be exceedingly grateful that you have no real problems. Your life seems pretty damn good to me, so stop complaining about it just to get attention on the internet.

Your dad's girlfriend threw you a party? I envy you, I have a stepmother (who my dad has been with for about 9-10 years) and she barely even speaks to me even though we live in the same house, so consider yourself lucky. Besides, I would have found the whole thing hilarious :D I hope you had a good party anyways :]

Cry me a ******* river! You are saying **** my life because someone missed your age by a year? People out there have real problems. Oh, poor me. fml, i'm 13! not 12. Ungrateful brat!

I don't really consider this much of an FML. Yes, you're a teenager now but are you really any different than you were when you were twelve? I'm thirteen and I didn't make a big deal about my thirteenth birthday. Even though you're a teenager now you'll still be called a kid. I wouldn't worry about the mess up. Because they forgot this time they probably won't forget again either.

Maybe they were thinking smart. As an author once said, you are never really think like a 12 year old until your 13th birthday. So maybe your family is well read... That does suck though. :(

wow. one whole year. so ducking what? at least she cared enough to throw u a party. ungrateful little shit. ydi for being a queer bait.

If it's your Dad's girlfriend, you can't really blame her for the mistake... I mean, how well does she know you? Maybe she was just trying to score points with you, she still deserves an A for effort. Next time she will know not to specify an age when decorating! :)

KaylaKiwified 0

Get over it. You got a birthday party, when a lot of people don't. You should just be happy she cared enough to actually throw a brat like you a party. I know I wouldn't if I were her.

Honestly, you should be happy she remembered your birthday at all. My own BIOLOGICAL father still has to ask when my birthday.