By Saphira - 11/11/2009 06:43 - United States

Today, my dad's girlfriend threw me a birthday party and all the gifts, decorations, and the cake were according to my age, which they thought was 12. I turned 13 today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 250
You deserved it 8 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IllegalLight 0

If your dad's girlfriend is like 35 or whatever.. get her a 40 year old balloon on her next birthday :P She won't be happy either.

Kylias 6

Aww, that sucks. Congrats and happy birthday! And congratulations on being 13 and typing more coherently than most of the older crowd.

Comments

SaltyCheeseFry 4

http://www.ihatejen.com?id=2gqgiogwykn02ufzt6773kq4p5nqhq

Shshsh 0

They should've put 5 instead of 12. Jeez quit whining! What a big deal!!

Boohoo,just tell them that you're 13 and embarrass them at the party.This really is not an FML.Turn the tables around and make them seem like negligent parents.

sniperkit 10

(I love how I'm replying to a forever-old comment. Random FMLs ftw!) It bet it stings really bad when she runs crying up to her room and they're wondering why, then they find out that they wasted money on a cake that wasn't correct. What's really turning the tables is OP doing the same to dad's girlfriend out of the blue, acting like nothing was wrong previously. So yeah.

at just 13 , if just this ***** up your life .... then get prepared for the big picture man ...

Antivirus_fml 0

@OP, you're a fool, according to them, you're 12 now, so next year, you'll be thirteen, another birthday party, you'd actually get 13 two times. :D

but she'll be 14 by then and so over 13

getreadysetfml 0

WTF r 12 yearbold doing here no wo der these fml's started to sound a ere bit different

Uh....what? At least the whiny little girl can spell....

Funny how the "12 year old" can spell 10 times better than you. I'm 13 as well and I understand everything on this site. Be honest, how much did you know at 13? I know I don't know everything, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid and inexperienced. You don't know everything either. No one does. But I do know there is more to life than nievely telling off someone you don't even know other than on the Internet. So just go enjoy life and stop worrying about everyone elses problems! No one likes a person who only points out others faults. I'm sure you're a nice person off the Internet, so please start acting like it everywhere. And if anyone thinks they'll be smart and respond to me telling me I can't do anything ever just because of my age, get over yourself. I don't usually tell people off like this, and neither should you. Thank you, and have a nice day.

RandomHavoc1 13

Oh damn 36, you just got ripped on by a 13 year old! And to 400, props for that comment. You, my friend, will go far in life. :)

It'sz sad, but if the dad doesn't know, that really is a FYL. But at least she tried !