By Saphira - 11/11/2009 06:43 - United States

Today, my dad's girlfriend threw me a birthday party and all the gifts, decorations, and the cake were according to my age, which they thought was 12. I turned 13 today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 249
You deserved it 8 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IllegalLight 0

If your dad's girlfriend is like 35 or whatever.. get her a 40 year old balloon on her next birthday :P She won't be happy either.

Kylias 6

Aww, that sucks. Congrats and happy birthday! And congratulations on being 13 and typing more coherently than most of the older crowd.

Comments

gottabekidding 0

That is not an FML. How is 12 that different from 13? Complain when you're 30 and everyone thinks you look 40. Focus on the fact that they even gave you a party with gifts and a cake, not on the tiny mistake they made. I'm guessing you ran out of the room in tears rather than saying thank you and enjoying the party.

Kylias 6

13 is a pretty special birthday. You can only have your Lucky 13 once. And yes, my dear, 13 and 12 are different numbers. I like how people seem to think that birthdays aren't worth having until you're 30.

gottabekidding 0

My point was that it wasn't a big deal. She got a birthday party. I'm turning 17 and haven't had a birthday party or gifts from my family since I turned 10. It's not like they forgot her birthday completely.

Um 13 is pretty special, you only become a teenager once, it's one of those special birthdays.

well then my 20th better be ******* spectacular!

How it is different...Hmm let me think...it's a YEAR apart! Maybe it doesn't sound like a big deal but it is.You become a teenager once in your life and then [which is even more sad] your dad and his girlfriend screw it up for you because your dad doesn't know how old you are.Please...She's not being a spoiled bitch by complaining about that...What is the cake or the decorations worth if everything is wrong?

i wouldn't have put this through though. yeah first year into the teens and all but it's not like when you're 30 your'e gonna be like, "OMFG! I HAD THE BEST 13TH BIRTHDAY PARTY 17 YEARS AGO AND IT WAS AWESOME!" or "OMFG! ='( THEY DIDN'T THROW ME A GOOD 13TH BIRTHDAY PARTY CORRECTLY! MY LIFE HASN'T BEEN THE SAME!" seriously now -.- but then i guess being 13 that IS a big thing at that age. see, this is why i never joined the debate team, i can never really argue just one side :P not voted both ways though

Rhaegar 0

Thirteen is only a big deal if you're a little buttwipe who cares about graduating from middle school as well. "You only become a teenager once?" WTH is that? Does she get more legal rights when she's 13? No. Does society view her differently? No. There is NO difference. Anyone who cares is clearly a prissy little princess who needs to grow up. Just sayin'.

theblazian 0

Yup the big birthdays of upmost importance are 1 (your first birthday), 2 (cause you only turn 2 once), 3 (cause you only turn 3 once), 4 (cause you only turn 4 once), 5 (cause you only turn 5 once... AND kindergarten!), 6 (cause you only tun 6 once), 7 (cause you only tun 7 once), 8 (cause you only turn 8 once), 9 (cause you only turn 9 once), 10 (DOUBLE DIGITS! YOU ONLY HIT DOUBLE DIGITS ONCE!.... oh and you only turn 10 once as well), 11(cause you only turn into annoying tween once... and 11 once as well), 12 (cause you only turn 12 once), 13 (cause you only turn 13 once... AND OMFG I'm TOTALLY LIEK A TEENAGER AND STUFF AND IM LIEK TOTALY 1NT3RD3PEND3NT OR 20M3THIN!!111) , 14 (cause you only enter high school and turn 14 once), 15 (cause you only turn 15 once), 16 (cause you only tun 16 once), 17 (cause you only turn 17 once AND LIKE OMG IM A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR!), 18 (cause I'm like totally a man/woman-child now.... and you only turn 18 AND legal once), 19 (cause you only turn 19 once and its the last year of being an annoying over dramatic brat), 20 (cause you only turn 20 once and no longer a teenager... arguably much more important than 13 because you cease to be a little brat), 21 (cause you only become able to legally drink once... and turning 21 once).... etc. ITS ALL SO IMPORTANT! FYL FOR HAVING SOMEONE WHO TOTALLY CARES BUT MADE A MISTAKE! SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE GIVEN YOU A BIRTHDAY PARTY AT ALL.... THATS HOW MUCH SHE ****** UP YOUR LIFE!

#185 I agree. It seems like the majority of the comments here are just a bunch of children trying to display some level of maturity by telling a younger child to suck it up and grow up. I find it repulsive and inexcusable for a parent to not remember the age of their own child! My kids are in high school and college now (older than some of the kids on here trying to display their maturity), and I could not imagine forgetting their ages. FYL OP.

and your an ass she is seen different because she is becoming a teenager and embarking on her life so shut up you little ass!

yeyah3 2

She's upset because her dad and his girlfriend didn't remember how old she was and being called a younger age can be really embarrassing when you are 13... I'd be upset too

Kylias 6

Aww, that sucks. Congrats and happy birthday! And congratulations on being 13 and typing more coherently than most of the older crowd.

quarty165 0

Exactly! I think the people who freak out (especially writing in all caps) are the ones showing immaturity, not the girl who's upset because her dad's too focused on his girlfriend to remember her milestone birthday. I'd really love to see half these people's reactions if the same thing happened to them. Op, happy birthday, and while you are no adult, you are beginning the path to maturity. There's no shame in that.

lmaouloser 5

You are aware that these are edited before being posted right? The OP didn't write it like that.

163 ok i keep seeing "milestone". how is 13 a milestone for anything?

It's the first year as a teenager, and a big deal for the teens when they finally reach it.

Give her a cake and a balloon saying 'Happy 85th Birthday, Grandma!' That'll ******* give her a kick in her bullocks.

Well at leas she made the effort to try and give you a nice time. You can be thankful for that :)

N3mk4_Alch3mist 0

Come on,girl. Its nothing.She prepared you a whole goddamn party and gifts and decorations. Tell her,thank you cuz jeeez relax girl ok U r 13,get over it.Its your birthday,Have some rocking time!!!!!!!! H.B!

no, more like upset that a very important time in her life was misunderstood. By the way, I am 13 also and most people in my grade go on this site regularly

Yessi_Boo 14

Spoiled brat? What the hell? It doesn't matter what age you're turning, it would suck for someone like your step mom not not even know. I'm pretty sure OP's dad helped too so it also sucks that OP's dad doesn't know her age. You're just being judgmental because you're probably in your late teens to early 20's and think Anyone younger than you is a ten year old, and nothing matters at that age.

I feel for the OP, my 13th was very important to me. You are the spoiled brat here.

twilightluvr 13 is not important one you get some real years in you. yessi she's not her stepmom, she's her dads gf. they're not married but she still planned this whole party.

omg i turn 13 today tooo happy birthday!!!!!!!

I don't get why this post has so many thumb downs. Happy birthday to both of you, whenever it was

Please tell me you didn't storm up to your room and cry? Really, this is something you are going to laugh about years down the road. Don't worry about it and just enjoy your cake and gifts.

QuentinM95 0

Prepare for a mass of comments slaying you for being a 13 year old boy posting FMLs.

Kylias 6
Yanitheswimmer 0

Don't be a whinny little boy. Get over it. Just a birthday. And you're 13. You shouldn't even be on this website.

Not only is she a girl, but she's obviously mature enough to type correctly. Anyone who can type correctly is welcome on this website, in my opinion.