By BFH4Life - 30/11/2011 09:27 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad announced to the whole family that we will be having a vegetarian dinner this Christmas to make my step-mum happy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 939
You deserved it 5 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

amanda_say_whutt 9

My family tried doing that one time. But, I have a car, so when I went to eat a "salad" I ate fried chicken(:

Hubner24 11

I think what the op is trying to get across is not that vegetarian food is gross but the fact that their dad is making the whole family have a vegetarian meal instead of just the step-mom eating a vegetarian meal! I would cook my own meat and put it on my plate just to piss her off!

Comments

Make reservations and go out. Invite your dad and stepmom to go with you. Most restaurants have vegetarian items to choose from.

It's rude of her to expect the family to cater to her needs, but it's not going to kill you to not eat meat for a single day. You may end up discovering some new foods that you enjoy! I can rarely afford to buy good meat, so I've learned to experiment with healthy, protein-rich vegetarian meals, and I've found a lot of great dishes I never would have known about otherwise. It's only one meal, you can eat all the meat you want before and after Christmas. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices to please family members. It's not fair, but it's a fact of life. You'll be just fine! I hope you enjoy the meal despite your reservations.

What's the problem? You should make an effort to make your dad happy, I'm the only veggie in my family, I'd love it if someone even suggested that

no meat :( noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Im a vegetarian, but I can understand why everyone else would want ham and stuff for the holidays. Your dad pretty much sucks!

YDI. Your family is giving you free food and you're bitching. Don't like it, don't eat it. If you PAYED and were forced to eat it, then you could bitch. I'm a vegan, I prepare for meat orientated meals from other people and eat ahead of time. Do love how the early vegetarians got hit with massive thumbs down for having different tastes, with the non veggies going "Be more tolerant of us!"

Elisabetha Aarron 18

You give vegans a bad name Forcing your diet onto someone is horrific thing to do.

I like the way you think. I could eat nothing but chana masala and veggie samosas for the rest of my life and never feel like I was missing out.

your dad is going to make some vegetarian very happy one day. too bad the rest of his family will be miserable

BicPlease 3

Sorry, I feel for you in the sense that you can't have turkey, but is there any way they'd be willing to compromise? Besides, Christmas/thanksgiving/whatever holiday you're celebrating isn't about a turkey, is about the family you're celebrating it with. What's wrong with trying something new one year out of the many more you'll have or have had?

Elisabetha Aarron 18

Forcing the entire family to eat differently because of one person is messed up and goes against the theme of family bonding when you are punished for one person who will most likely end up being resented

Vegiatrian food is very good if cooked right. I eat it all the time. Try morning star farms they have the best vegan/vegitarian foods even corndogs!!! :)