By BFH4Life - 30/11/2011 09:27 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad announced to the whole family that we will be having a vegetarian dinner this Christmas to make my step-mum happy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 940
You deserved it 5 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

amanda_say_whutt 9

My family tried doing that one time. But, I have a car, so when I went to eat a "salad" I ate fried chicken(:

Hubner24 11

I think what the op is trying to get across is not that vegetarian food is gross but the fact that their dad is making the whole family have a vegetarian meal instead of just the step-mom eating a vegetarian meal! I would cook my own meat and put it on my plate just to piss her off!

Comments

A veggy Xmas meal?! Wtf are you supposed to eat instead of turkey? Rabbit food or Just fake meat lol

linnie_wesker 20

OP's step mom is the kind of vegetarian that gives us all a bad name. =/ Let me guess, she's also involved with PETA? Ha. I've been a vegetarian since I was 14 but I don't give a shit if people eat meat or not. At family events I either eat whatever doesn't have meat in it or offer to bring something vegetarian. Your own personal diet is very much like religion in the sense that you should never force it on other people. OP just offer to cook meat for yourself or try discussing how stupid the whole thing is with your dad.

davidkx125253 0

I would bring a heaping pile of meat and talk all dinner about how good it is

Well isn't your life just awful. You have to go one whole day without meat.

TalkinSmack 6

Well, Vegetarian food isn't bad. I mean I like meat just as much as the next guy but not having it for one evening won't kill you and if it makes your Mom happy just try it. You might even like it ;)