By BFH4Life - 30/11/2011 09:27 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad announced to the whole family that we will be having a vegetarian dinner this Christmas to make my step-mum happy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 939
You deserved it 5 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

amanda_say_whutt 9

My family tried doing that one time. But, I have a car, so when I went to eat a "salad" I ate fried chicken(:

Hubner24 11

I think what the op is trying to get across is not that vegetarian food is gross but the fact that their dad is making the whole family have a vegetarian meal instead of just the step-mom eating a vegetarian meal! I would cook my own meat and put it on my plate just to piss her off!

Comments

That's when u leave and o to a friends house for christmas

DO NOT GET THE TOFURKY!!!! it makes your whole house smell as bad as it tastes.

its safe, you cant get tofurkey in the UK!

bubo_fml 10

**** 'em...Show up to the dinner table w/ your own bucket of KFC...

Ha that sucks but hey being vegetarian is healthy and the food isn't that bad( yes ima vegetarian)

JukeboxValkyrie 19

Remind your dad that you'll all be ******** bricks from the sudden fiber intake, if you all normally eat a good amount of meat.

that's kind of sucky... how does your stepmother feel about this? was it her idea or did your dad come up with it to make her happy? i've been a vegetarian for a long time, i'm the only one in my (large) family and i HATE pushy vegetarians who make such demands. if we got to an event and there's eating involved, i will always let them know what i do and don't eat, and offer to bring something for myself. i'm a bit picky when it comes to substitutes (i stopped eating meat because i hate the taste so i will also hate the stuff that tries to resemble meat) so if necessary i'll just ask for a small part of the kitchen, cook myself a large portion of a delicious veggie meal and offer to share some with others who want to have a nibble. it's always seemed a bit pointless to try and make people take over your personal habits... if someone asks about it i'll be glad to answer questions about food and health and such, but i really don't care if other people do eat meat. hell, my boyfriend likes some meat once in a while (although he goes veggie about half the time, for health and environment reasons) and i relaly don't mind, as long as he doesn't try to kiss me whilst still drooling gravy. anyway, try reasoning with your parents. i manage to have my veggie food without too many conflicts, so you should be able to have your meat :)

OP has obviously never had vegetarian stuffing :3.

Oh p-lease; I'm a vegetarian, the rest of the family are not! I do all the cooking, turkey and all; it grosses me out, but it doesn't mean I'm going to try and make everyone else change their views on meat/meat products! Try and convince your dad to add a few extra special veggie dishes for step-mum, and maybe carve the turkey up before hand and put it in a covered casserole dish so she doesn't have to see the whole turkey at the table! (that's the part my hubby does for me) Good luck with the convincing!