By lala7 - 20/08/2011 23:02 - United States

Today, my brother told the family that if you pull on the dog's back foot then she always obeys. I later found my mom tugging on the dog's foot whispering "jump off a cliff" repeatedly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 116
You deserved it 2 564

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

If the dog is wearing a parachute, then it could be magical. A dog gliding off a cliff slowly without a care in the world.

I suggest watching your dog very carefully from now on

Comments

tennischik211 11

What's up with these FMLs implying that the parents don't like dogs?

Not just not liking the dogs either... there seem to be a lot of recent FMLs with parents plotting to kill pets, or intentionally getting rid of pets or some other sinister plot. Maybe its the economy?

op please tell your mom she is a bad parent after you let her read this.

She is probably sick of the dog's smell/mess/barking/licking/chewing/jumping/expense/consumption of her time and wants it the **** out of her house. The problem with dogs is that they require so much attention. If she is working and running a house, then the last thing she needs is a dirty dog sucking up her time and messing her house. I have a lot of friends whose families wanted dogs and who got stuck with all the care? The mom, the person who is already doing the most in the house. Every one of these women would like to wring their dogs' necks. They are just another nuisance for these women. OP, if your mom wants your dog dead, then it means that she is doing too much for the dog and is resentful. If you like this dog, why don't you try taking over some of the doggy tasks that your mom is clearly stuck doing? I am positive she will really appreciate it.

As a mother of three with a dog and other pets to take care of also, you've totally hit the nail on the head! I used to be a huge animal lover... 'til I had kids. I'm already responsible for cleaning up for five, I have absolutely no desire to add to that.

Thank you No. 79. I have seen this pattern a thousand times. Family whines for dog. Mom doesn't want dog because she knows that she will ultimately be stuck with dog cleaning and care while those who initially wanted the dog don't lift a finger. Mom is outvoted. Family gets dog. After the novelty of the dog wears off, the mom is stuck cleaning/feeding/walking the dog in addition to doing every load of laundry, cooking every meal, washing every dish, scrubbing every toilet, etc. And to top it off, the family is mad that the mom doesn't love Fido the way they do. Uh, that's because she's cleaning Fido's piss out of the carpet or walking Fido in the rain while everyone else is watching TV. Everyone thinks the OP's mom is "horrible" and "evil" but the real problem is she is probably this ******* dog's one-woman cleanup committee in addition to carrying the load for everything else. It is amazing to me how many people can't figure this one out.

So what? It's still not THE DOG'S effing fault. To every mom out there who's stuck with this task it's this simple. You tell your damn family that you've had enough. You tell your family that if they don't help out with the dog, you will get rid of it and you don't care what they think. You talk to them and tell them how you feel about it. I've always had pets, and the thing is, before they ever brought in an animal in the house, it was understood by the whole household that we needed to all pitch in, or the animal would not be staying. Thing is, my mom never joked either. If you're ready to wring the dog's neck because you're stuck with the burden of caring for the animal, then apparently you've never had the audacity, as every woman should, to lay down the law before even bringing the animal into the house. You...as the mother...have a responsibility to teach your children to BE responsible and care for their own messes as well as the family pet's messes. So wanting the DOG to jump off a cliff because the rest of the FAMILY is not doing their job is not fair nor appropriate. I can understand how frustrating it can be. But that's no excuse for what the op heard. Again, for every woman out there who understands how the op's mom feels, gather up the courage and tell your family what's going on and what's gonna happen if they don't start taking the initiative to clean up after the dog. Tell them you're done being the sole caregiver, and if they don't start helping, you will get rid of the animal. That's all there is to it. If you're unwilling to do that, stop effing whining about it.

That's great, No. 83, but the problem is some women do not have families as perfect as yours. In some families, the women say the same thing 1,000 times and get ignored or the help is grudgingly given THAT TIME ONLY just to shut her up. Then everyone reverts back to Mom doing everything and if she complains or asks for help she's a pain in the ass. So by your reckoning, this woman is such a ******* piece of shit retard moron that it did not occur to her to just tell everyone she needed help. Of course they would all come rushing in like the Marines to pitch in. Problem solved! And where did I say it was the dog's ******* fault? I said it is the OP's fault for not helping with the ******* dog. Not the same thing. In any case, a pet is supposed to enhance a family, not piss off the mom to the point where she wants it dead, so regardless of who is at fault here, the mom for being too stupid to ask the others to help with the dog, or the family for being too lazy to help, the bottom line is that something needs to change. And double space your paragraphs, ********. It makes your tripe easier to read.

giggle5000 0

Ur mother is horrible I would b**** slap her then I would take the dog and run away

What are you, an idiot? If the OP did that, then the OP would be homeless AND be responsible for the shelter and feeding of a dog. ******* brilliant.

so I noticed there are a lot of "Parents conspiring to kill domestic animals" fmls lately

i think the dog was probably think of telling here "you die bitch"

OMFG!!!! Don't mess with dogs. And she has serious issues like wtf.