By lurna301 - 17/07/2012 00:58 - United States - Glendale

Today, my boyfriend's mother introduced me as his "friend". We've been together for 10 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 741
You deserved it 3 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theslimshadylp 6

What a bitch. Introduce her as your boyfriends great grandmother.

Epsilonyx 15

10 years? And you're still his girlfriend? I think that may be the reason she referred to you as his friend. He either sucks at commitment or this is a very open relationship. Still a mean thing to do, of course.

Comments

unknown_user5566 26

Look on the bright side, OP. *IF* you and your boyfriend ever decide to get married, maybe you can score a spot on that show "Monster In-Laws". ;)

See, right there and then I would take charge and extend my hand to shake the person's and say "Hi, I'm [Insert name here], I'm [boyfriend's name]'s partner, the son of this charming woman, for ten years! Really nice to meet you!" Standing up for yourself works wonders.

At least you know where you stand with the ms.

elisabeth510 4

Omg my ex-boyfriend did the same thing to me.

Well she probably thought after 10 years you guys would be married, so you guys must've been friends according to her.

Ummm well if you're not married or even engaged with him and you've been with for 10 years. She deserves the right ti call you friend.... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm reading the FML as if OP meant 'her' friend...

You're so wrong that I don't even take the time to correct you. Just read Kyleekay her posts about marriage, 'cause I couldn't word it better.

Well actually I've been with my boyfriend for about 10 years and we're not engaged yet, do you think that I also should only be referred to as a 'friend' because of this? I think that it's perfectly fine for a couple to take their time if they don't feel they are ready to get married, it is different for every relationship.

You ahould have corrected her on the spot Mom:"this is his friend" You: "ahem, Girlfriend" *shake hands with a big ol smile* :D HELL YEAH, that sounds about right.

Just correct her when she does that.

Get married or engaged. THAT'S what his mother is getting at...

Hey, I wasn't aware that people got married to satisfy their mother. I always thought it was a personal choice. Silly me.

dlcj22 11
Bonzer 2

Maybe she cares about him, and they act like a married couple. Alot of people don't get married and it it definitely not a reason to dump them.