By lurna301 - 17/07/2012 00:58 - United States - Glendale

Today, my boyfriend's mother introduced me as his "friend". We've been together for 10 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 741
You deserved it 3 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theslimshadylp 6

What a bitch. Introduce her as your boyfriends great grandmother.

Epsilonyx 15

10 years? And you're still his girlfriend? I think that may be the reason she referred to you as his friend. He either sucks at commitment or this is a very open relationship. Still a mean thing to do, of course.

Comments

10 years and no ring... You are his friend... With benefits

I wanted to say what you said because that's what i thought too.

Are they forced to get married? No, idiot! They can be together without necessarily have this ring.

Watch a little TV from the 70's and early 80's. ALL boyfriends and girlfriends were introduced as "friends." If she grew up during that time then it's perfectly acceptable. Think of it this way, if you and your "boyfriend" break up and you bump into that person somewhere then you and he were just "friends." At least she didn't call you his "lady friend" which would imply that you might have been his mistress or just an easy woman at another point in time.

SciFiFanatic 3

Don't let it get to you. Considering your b/f has been with you for 10 years, obviously hesitant feel the same way his mother does and that's all that really matters.

megamandude455 10

Hey Marshall, Lily, wouldn't one of you propose after about 4 years together?

xxooxx210 3

That's how my girlfriend's mom introduces me. But then she says boyfriend

XxSuccubusxX 3

Atleast your boyfriend didn't introduce you as his friend.

I know how frustrating this can be. However, mine comes from my mother calling my boyfriend my "little friend." This is her way of coping with the fact like I'm growing up and I'm going to be in a serious relationship that may lead to future commitments. My boyfriend and I have been together for quite some time, and addressing her is now just pointless. I've learned to let the relationship itself represent the true character of it rather than the labels that outside forces like to portray it to be.

I know how frustrating this can be. However, mine comes from my mother calling my boyfriend my "little friend." This is her way of coping with the fact like I'm growing up and I'm going to be in a serious relationship that may lead to future commitments. My boyfriend and I have been together for quite some time, and addressing her is now just pointless. I've learned to let the relationship itself represent the true character of it rather than the labels that outside forces like to portray it to be.