By lurna301 - 17/07/2012 00:58 - United States - Glendale

Today, my boyfriend's mother introduced me as his "friend". We've been together for 10 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 738
You deserved it 3 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theslimshadylp 6

What a bitch. Introduce her as your boyfriends great grandmother.

Epsilonyx 15

10 years? And you're still his girlfriend? I think that may be the reason she referred to you as his friend. He either sucks at commitment or this is a very open relationship. Still a mean thing to do, of course.

Comments

Sounds like someone doesn't approve of who her son is dating. Sorry to hear that though, I would correct her if it was me

bigpicrec30 0

Dang that's messed up.....why do you think that happened?

kylelove 8

And you're not married? O.o

solosohigh 15

it's really not that big of a deal.

Modern society doesn't require marriage as much as it used to. They're probably fine the way they are...

Bonzer 2

Because if there isn't marriage, there isn't love? Do you know how you sound right now?

Op, I seriously hope your boyfriend corrected his mother, assuming he was present at the time. A decade in the picture warrants a hell of a lot more respect than that. If he's been with you that long, I can't imagine he's ashamed of his relationship with you, and if he is and he didn't correct her on your relation to him, then perhaps it's time to move on and find someone who'll acknowledge and respect you as much as you should be respecting yourself. Sorry that mommy dearest's apparently that ignorant. :p

it sounds like ur trying to pick her up....

unknown_user5566 26

43- Despite his bio stating that he is married, I am unsure of how you came to the conclusion that his comment was an attempt at flirting with the OP.

I came to that conclusion by the fact that he was telling her to dump her bf of ten years and find someone that will respect her. as for him being married this day and age that doesn't mean shit.

and besides why are coming to his aid, do sense a lil love triangle....

52- I have no idea how you came to That conclusion about Kyleekay, as her bio states that She's married as well, and despite what you may think, sometimes a marriage actual means more than the paper it's printed on. ;) Also, you sensing a little love in the air, sounds like the wishful thoughts of a truly sad romantic. :)

unknown_user5566 26

52- Nope. Just pointing out that your conclusion was a bit irrational. Besides, if you'd been around FML for a while, you'd know I'm far too busy stalking Perdix to be bothered with a love triangle. ;)

jellycorn 13

Yea! Let's stalk Perdix together! 52, though I support your rather odd comment wholeheartedly, if you decide to write some twishite I will have to set Norbert the Norwegian ridgeback on you.

lgrootie23 0

I totally agree. OP if that was me, I would have corrected her or I definitely would have expected my boyfriend to.

Yes - yes you are his friend, his girlfriend. Correct that bitch.

10 years....wow You should have reintroduced yourself , your mother in law needs to give u some respect !!

lexielove1000 3

I think it's time he put a ring on it finger!!!

What a bitch!!!!! I feel for you, ur BF has to have a chat with his Mother & tell her how very rude, disrespectful & totally uncalled for her comment was & let her know that he will not tolerate her treating you like shit!!!!!

Was your boyfriend with you guys? If he was he should have corrected her, or if not you should have corrected her as soon as she said that. Maybe she doesn't really like you. Anyhow, thats ****** up from her part. Ten years is a long time she should treat you like family already.

Obviously she's going to be /that/ type of mother. Just correct her and let it be.