By jaxattax - 20/10/2009 20:17 - United States

Today, my boyfriend gave me a fancy chocolate candy and I got angry at him for forgetting that I'm allergic to chocolate and threw the candy into the garbage disposal. Turns out, he had spent a ton of money getting a chocolatier to put an engagement ring inside the candy that I just destroyed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 552
You deserved it 82 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KaylaKiwified 0

I'm going to say you're incredibly stupid here, and YDI. And HDI, too. He should've remembered something like that, and maybe put it in something you aren't allergic to, like roses, or something. And why didn't you just throw it in the trash? Do you always throw things down the garbage disposal first?

But still...why would he hide the ring in something he knew you were allergic to?

Comments

It was his own fault anyway, since he still forgot you're allergic (unless he's trying to hurt you). Why would you spend a ton of money to get a ring in the chocolate when the person is allergic to it? That's just stupid.

wambamtysam 0

YDI kinda for having a stupid ass boyfriend that would propose to you while giving you a potential allergy attack. find a guy that can at least remember these things damn. he also deserved to have the fortune he spent destroyed, what a loser.

some relationship you have if he doesn't know you're allergic to chocolate by the time you're getting ENGAGED...

HDI, you're just fine. I mean really, how can you forget your girlfriend is allergic to chocolate? It's something any guy would figure out in the first month or two of a relationship, and considering all the ways in which our culture encourages guys to give their girlfriends chocolate, it's hard to forget if yours is allergic. In short, he's an idiot. He should be posting, not you.

For the slower people that don't understand this. She is ALLERGIC to the chocolate and some people get sick from even the smell of the thing their allergic to. She could have been one of those people which is why she disposed of it the way she did.

Orrrrr...it could be exactly how she said it. She got angry at him for forgetting she was allergic, and so she threw it in the garbage disposal.

Putting it in a disposal, where it gets chopped into a million little pieces and spread through the air, makes so much more sense than just sticking it in the trash can if she was allergic enough that something like smell or touch could make her sick.....

If I was so sensitive to an allergy that the mere smell could set me off, I would put the thing in a plastic bag and take it to the rubbish bin outside, I wouldn't throw it in the garbage disposal which would disperse the smell throughout the kitchen (or whatever room you might have your garbage disposal in).

You're supposed to thank them for thinking about you and be happy with it, instead of making him feel like shit. Grow up.

thanks for editing out my comment , staff of FML... knuckleheads

Going with HDI on this one. Sure OP overreacted, but seriously, he's proposing to her and he can't even be bothered to remember her food allergies? Sounds like he needed to slow down and rethink his decision anyway.

You are a little overdramatic. It was nice on his part to try and make the proposal romantic. If he hasn't dumped you, pay him back and get your own ring.

ohlookasaraah 0

Okay seriously, I don't think she was being overdramatic at all. If i were her, I would have thrown the goddamn chocolate AT the guy. I mean, seriously. Why should she have to apologized? I mean, god, what's the big deal? If there wasn't a ring in the chocolate, would any of you think it's a big deal? NO probably NOT. She didn't know how much money was spent into making the chocolate thing. She couldn't have eaten it. The ring probably didn't break. The only money that was lost was due to the boyfriend being a douchebag.

PlasmaWafflez 0

You're a stupid ******* psycho bitch

Wow, lil' crazy much? She would have been way better of just telling him, honey, I'm allergic, then he would have felt really bad. Even if there wasn't a ring in there, clearly he doesn't get her chocolate all the time, she must have noticed it was a really nice bar of chocolate, she could have said thanks for being thoughtful babe, but I seriously need you to remember that I'm allergic to this in the future. It's not like he spiked her food with it and she had a reaction. And we're assuming she even told him clearly that she was allergic, maybe she mumbled it at a restaurant somewhere and just figured he heard her. Having a temper tantrum over something so minor just indicates that she's way too immature to be getting married. There are a ton of ways that this could have been resolved in her favor without her tossing it into the garbage disposal.