By jaxattax - 20/10/2009 20:17 - United States

Today, my boyfriend gave me a fancy chocolate candy and I got angry at him for forgetting that I'm allergic to chocolate and threw the candy into the garbage disposal. Turns out, he had spent a ton of money getting a chocolatier to put an engagement ring inside the candy that I just destroyed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 550
You deserved it 82 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KaylaKiwified 0

I'm going to say you're incredibly stupid here, and YDI. And HDI, too. He should've remembered something like that, and maybe put it in something you aren't allergic to, like roses, or something. And why didn't you just throw it in the trash? Do you always throw things down the garbage disposal first?

But still...why would he hide the ring in something he knew you were allergic to?

Comments

I'm going to say you deserve it for being so ridiculous. Yes, he forgot you're allergic. But I've never met anyone so spoiled as to THROW A GIFT down the disposal, allergic or not. It's rude. Maybe you'll think next time.

Agreed, poor guy thought he was being romantic :( Maybe you haven't really mentioned you're allergic to chocolate...even if you are to throw it down the garabage disposal without a second thought is harshh and mean anyways! YDI

i'd think a chocolate allergy would come up with someone you're dating...what with dessert sharing and boxes of chocolate for valentine's day being so commonplace...

ruben7467 0

You both fail. One) he should have known you were allergic to chocolate. Two YDI for overreacting, a simple statement would have been better. example. "Honey, why did you get me chocolate you know im allergic?"

That. I wish people would take the time to explain themselves more instead of just saying, "This.". It just leaves me asking, "What the hell about 'This'?".

I know what it means. I just wish people would use complete sentences and explain what about, "This", they agree with.

AndelleRae 9

Well, chances are they agree with everything, which is why they only type, "This." Most people wouldn't see the sense in repeating word for word something that was already posted, so they leave their one word agreement.

You deserve it for overreacting. But he made a mistake, too, for putting it in something you're allergic to.

Labamba 0

That's what you get for being a bitch.

Labamba 0

People forget things. No need to have a titty attack and act like a 3 year old :[ edit to my first comment

rosemary_fml 5

i guess both. you deserved it for not thinking and acting irrationally and he deserved it for putting it in chocolate.

You sure it wasn't some special sort of chocolate you COULD eat? Also, you're kind of a bitch. Where do you get off throwing a hissy fit like that for something as seemingly benign as a candy bar?

^ This. My auntie is allergic to chocolate, she has a chocolate-like candy made of carob that is safe for her to eat (I think someone here already mentioned carob being a substitute). Sure, it's a bit pricier than regular cocoa-based chocolate, but it smells and tastes pretty much the same. And considering he went to the trouble of having the chocolate custom-made, it's highly likely the stuff was carob-based. Of course the smart thing for the guy to do, if he'd never given her coco-substitute before, would be to say "oh, by the way, it's carob, not chocolate, I remembered you were allergic", so she WOULDN'T assume it was the thing she was so allergic to. But...what's done is done. YDI for overreacting like a spoiled brat, and HDI for either forgetting you had allergies, or not mentioning what the candy was made of (had it been a substitute).

Sad for both of you what did he say after that????

I think if I was going to get an engagement ring for someone allergic to chocolate, I would find a way to propose without involving chocolate in any way.

popcorncomics 0

If he didn't remember something as major as an allergy, I don't see why you'd want to marry him anyways..

iliketoreadfmls 0

I'm so glad some people responding to this have some sense.

whatxthexeff 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

How often are there shiny things inside chocolates? If you think she should have checked, you should start ripping apart everything people give you, food or otherwise, just in case there's an engagement ring in there.

ArielTheMermaid 17

^agreed seriously who actually gets a piece of chocolate and says 'oh maybe I should check to see if there's a shiny object in here'? especially if they're allergic

RandomHavoc1 13

she might be so allergic that if she comes in contact with it, she'll have a bad reaction.