By jaxattax - 20/10/2009 20:17 - United States

Today, my boyfriend gave me a fancy chocolate candy and I got angry at him for forgetting that I'm allergic to chocolate and threw the candy into the garbage disposal. Turns out, he had spent a ton of money getting a chocolatier to put an engagement ring inside the candy that I just destroyed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 552
You deserved it 82 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KaylaKiwified 0

I'm going to say you're incredibly stupid here, and YDI. And HDI, too. He should've remembered something like that, and maybe put it in something you aren't allergic to, like roses, or something. And why didn't you just throw it in the trash? Do you always throw things down the garbage disposal first?

But still...why would he hide the ring in something he knew you were allergic to?

Comments

xmagster 0

How dare he forget anything about you!!! I'm sure he doesn't even remember what you wore last Tuesday! Seriously, though. People make mistakes. That doesn't make it ok for you to be totally rude towards their efforts to do something nice for you. You are a bitch and YDI. Karma is a bitch.

Yes, let's put what she was wearing last Tuesday on the same level of importance as an allergy. Idiot.

Hahaha I could see myself doing that too... HE deserves it. What kind of dumbass idea is that, proposing in a food that you're allergic to?

You can see yourself doing such? How goes being a bitch?

Ok, seriously, if he's going to be proposing to her, he should know about her food allergies already. And for those of you saying she overreacted, it sounds like he forgets and has given her chocolates a fair number of times. How the hell was she supposed to know the ring was in there. When people propose like that it's meant to be a surprise, so, he can't expect her to know. FYL op, and he deserves it so much for being that stupid.

Bullshit. You're pulled the "Repeat forgetting" then out of nowhere. And either way, she's supposed to get a "free bitch" pass because her boyfriend has a poor memory? Bullshit. I'm tired of the "Wah I'm a stupid **** and it came back to bite me pos, s," but apparently some idiots have sympathy for these people.

Ok, so I may be wrong. I will accept anything and everything coming my way if I am. But I have a similar allergy and I get a bit short with my family and best friends about it because they already know. I am however understanding and patient with people who I only recently informed of my condition. Also, from my perspective, she's not being a bitch. She never said anything about yelling or flipping out, just that she got annoyed and threw a piece of food into the garbage disposal. Again, if I'm wrong, so be it. But it appears to me that she is not at all at fault and he is a dipshit.

what on earth did the OP say that suggested he had forgotten numerous times before??

who throws choclate in a garbage disposal? but then again how could you forget that your possible soon to be wife is allergic to?

FYL- for being allergic to chocolate btw- y would ur bf propose with chocolate if he knows ur allergic? thats one big screw up

This is both of your faults. You shouldn't of got mad over something like that, and he should of thought about it more and put the ring in or on something else.

that's dumb that you put he put in in chocolate but you were definitely a bitch.

If he gave you a chocolate bar and youre allergic, why didn't you hand it back to him and say "i'm allergic". Instead of getting pissed and throwing it in the garbage disposal, you could have thrown it in the trash. YDI

cetaitamour 0

I would love to know the rest of this story and how everything turned out...