By jaxattax - 20/10/2009 20:17 - United States

Today, my boyfriend gave me a fancy chocolate candy and I got angry at him for forgetting that I'm allergic to chocolate and threw the candy into the garbage disposal. Turns out, he had spent a ton of money getting a chocolatier to put an engagement ring inside the candy that I just destroyed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 552
You deserved it 82 894

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KaylaKiwified 0

I'm going to say you're incredibly stupid here, and YDI. And HDI, too. He should've remembered something like that, and maybe put it in something you aren't allergic to, like roses, or something. And why didn't you just throw it in the trash? Do you always throw things down the garbage disposal first?

But still...why would he hide the ring in something he knew you were allergic to?

Comments

kira822_fml 0

Who throws anything like that in the garbage disposal? Its called a trash can. BIG YDI! Btw, f your boyfriends life. It's ashame he met you.

Today, I bought a very expensive engagment ring for my girlfriend. As a surprise I put it in a fancy chocolate candy. She got angry at me and chucked it in the garbage disposal. FML

*adds "because I forgot she's one of the few people that's allergic to chocolate"*

if this had been the real FML posted, with the added part by Total Pandamonium, i think the majority of people would be telling him that he deserves it for forgetting something like that, with no mention of her being a "crazy bitch."

That's what I think. All the comments would have been telling him what an idiot he is to forget something like that.

WitchCirce 0

I agree with this totally. If it were a man posting saying that he'd forgotten his girlfriend was allergic to chocolate and lost money and a ring because of it, we'd all be saying "YDI" and "u r a fuocking mrun". But because it's a WOMAN, everyone assumes she's a crazy bitch who clearly never told her boyfriend about her allergy to set up a situation like this and entrap him.

that sucks, but he should have remembered something like you being allergic to chocolate, he should have put it in something like a fortune cookie or a glass or champagne, something that you wouldnt have gotten upset with him for giving to you. Maybe you over reacted a bit, but I think that alot of other people on here are being to hard on you.

I say HDI. Chocolate is such a rare allergy that I don't know how it couldn't have come up several times in their relationships especially if they've been dating for a while. There are birthdays, holidays, and what not where she would have had to have mentioned chocolate because it's one of the most common dessert ingredients out there. Not only that if she hadn't been allergic and had eaten it she probably would have damaged the ring. Give me a basic proposal plzkthnx. I don't need a fanfare from a guy, but I'm not into stuff like that.

This! And just a thought: if the chocolate was custom made, wouldn't he have gotten to pick a flavor as well? Chocolatier: So what's her favorite flavor? Boyfriend: *brainstorming* And at that point he should realize "Oh...my girlfriend never eats chocolate!" -_-

iSmellNice 2

He probably shouldn't have put it in chocolate if you're allergic, but maybe you should have just gave it back so he could eat it? Ever think of that? You both fail

your a bitch. i hope he dumps you and find someone who can appreciate things