By fuckbio - 12/12/2009 05:00 - United States

Today, after pulling an all-nighter for my Bio final at 8AM and drinking 6 sodas, 3 energy drinks, and coffee throughout the night, an hour into the exam, I had to go to the restroom, so I get permission and go. I'm 1 of 3 people. They later find a cheat sheet in the restroom. Now I'm a suspect. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 034
You deserved it 4 358

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YayAmerica 0

This is why I never leave during tests. Too paranoid.

Tell them if it was you you would have been smart enough to flush the cheat sheet.

Comments

YayAmerica 0

This is why I never leave during tests. Too paranoid.

#2 they obviously had to go to the bathroom VERY bad! like badddddddddd. but i dont see how they ingested that much caffeine without having a heart attack before their bladder exploded lol.

YDI for not studied beforehand. If you wouldn't have done it last minute it'd all be fine.

Are you stupid, he went to the restroom asshat

@3 OP didn't say that he cheated in the exam. he just went to the washroom and there happened to be a paper lying over there. how the he'll is it his fault

Because he stayed up all night and consumed his body weight in liquid.

That's pretty typical for college, though. I mean, everybody I know does that. Even I've done it on occasion. Especially for an exam that early in the morning, the chance of oversleeping is pretty decent, so sometimes it's safer to just pull through. If the OP was awake enough to take the exam, he should consider it a success, and not be punished because he had to use the bathroom. Hell, sometimes people have to use the bathroom even when they don't consume their weight in energy drinks.

SailorSolaris 43

I've done it too, without the caffeine. AD/HD can be so useful for pulling all-nighters due to WAAAAAY too much energy!

shalizzz 0

Well, you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. So, if they can't prove it was your cheat sheet, they shouldn't be allowed to sanction you in any way.

waterynuggets 0

Well they can't prove it's his but they also probably can't prove he didn't see it and use it towards getting a better grade. But anyways sorry OP, YDI for drinking so much crap in one night.

Unfortunately that only applies to criminal cases, a college needs no ground other than the dean saying, "gtfo" to kick you out.

xxmadicxx 0

unless OP got an automatic zero on his test,who cares?

#3, I think most people having finals stay up all night to study, even having studied beforehand.

palmtrees 1

No... not unless they know nothing about how brains work and don't realize how detrimental it is to your test performance to have been up all night/on that much caffeine.

It's more detrimental to not study than to stay up. Plus caffeine, for me at least, really helps me concentrate when I'm stressed about how I'll do or when another student keeps tapping loudly on the table and sighing every 10 seconds.

palmtrees 1

But there are more options than (a) don't study and (b) pull and all-nighter. Like, study beforehand, review the night before, and get some sleep. Not that hard. And "some caffeine" is entirely different from the ridiculous amount the OP is saying he consumed. He doesn't deserve for his professor to think he cheated if he didn't, but that doesn't mean he wasn't stupid about how he went about "preparing" for this test.

"No... not unless they know nothing about how brains work and don't realize how detrimental it is to your test performance to have been up all night/on that much caffeine." Um...exactly. How many neuroscientists are in college? Not very many, so, yeah, they probably don't know all about how brains work. Anyway, as my dad says, it's better to be tired than to be unprepared.

Staying up all night before an exam does negatively affect your test taking. You are sleep deprived and the information cannot be committed correctly to the brain. Large amounts of caffeine ALSO harm your concentration and raise your agitation levels. However, I think it's acceptable to stay up till 12-1 to study the night before. I do not study at all the day before my nursing exams, I just choose to relax instead. So far I'm doing better then I did before when I'd stay up till 2 studying.

frankgrimes 4

Smoke some weed and feel better

Tell them if it was you you would have been smart enough to flush the cheat sheet.

I don't understand the point of leading up your FML with how much of a disorganized fool you are to have needed to pull an "all nighter". You could have simply said "I had to go to the bathroom" instead of getting numerous YDI's.