By rhythmbandit - 09/10/2009 04:22 - United States

Today, my boyfriend bought me a beautiful pair of very expensive diamond earrings, along with a card that read, "To my beautiful brown eyed Princess." My ears aren't pierced, and my eyes are green. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 170
You deserved it 4 088

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he's hoping you'll get brown contacts and pierce your ears to suit his royal standards. lol

blueavenger 0

"Us guys"? Speak for yourself. I'm a guy, and I would make sure NOT to write down the wrong color on this note. If I didn't know, I wouldn't say anything about it. Some guys are not assholes, newsflash.

Comments

kellster 2

1. Green/brown. Who cares. Men are colour blind, don't take it personally. He's not cheating, he's just dumb. 2. Pierce your ears and stop whining about having been given diamonds!! Most women have pierced ears. Don't crucify him for thinking that you might have pierced ears, too. He just bought you DIAMONDS. Pierce your ears and get over it!!

Ah. I see. So you're THAT type of female. I guess if your boyfriend is ******* around on you and buys you diamonds to make up for it, you won't be running to FML to post your sob story? Yeah, right. So what if he's cheating on you, #100? At least you got something shiny for it.

YDI because YOU are dating this man. How can you not know if he is cheating on you?

I think it was just an honest mistake. Heck, every time my dad cuts his hair I never notice! I heard it has to do with men missing a chemical in their brains that would make things like the color of eyes in people stand out. It's not his fault. Talk to him about it.

bjg93 0

well one maybe your eyes are really hazel and two, maybe it is time to get your ears peirced FYL

why are you complaining about "very expensive diamond earrings" for you are stupid get over it and say thank you princess or let him go so another girl can get him.

captainmaharet 1

Time to get your ears pierced. Or, have them made into a pendant. The diamonds, not your ears. Also, maybe he's colorblind.

Get your ears pierced and accept the fact that your stupid eyes are brown

I feel really sorry for the people commenting, "but zomg diamonds!", like all male indiscretions can automatically be forgiven, simply through the liberal application of shit-tons of money. First of all, if you two haven't been going out long enough for this guy to even know your eye color/whether or not your ears are pierced, (does he even know your last name?), I'd be wary of him spending so much money on a gift... seems a bit early. What's his plan, dazzle you with money, **** you and leave? It's kind of like getting a girl drunk - except instead of using alcohol, he uses money. But let's say you have been going out for a long enough while that diamond jewelry is appropriate; he should definitely at least know your eye color by now. And if he's color blind, you should be aware of this info by this point. The ear piercing thing... eh, I'd let it slide. Again, to all the commenters blinded by the whole "expensive diamond earrings" thing: money =/= love, expensive =/= meaningful, and male =/= incompetent, blundering idiot. :)

GabrielScott 0
silverx10 0

lol, I think it's time to start wearing contacts. And get them ears pierced. ;)