Horn section

By Anonymous - 09/03/2021 21:30

Today, I matched with someone on a dating app. The first thing they said to me was, "What is the chance that you are the trombone player living below me and would you please stop playing after 9 p.m.?" I am that trombone player and due to Covid I have to practice a lot in my apartment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 547
You deserved it 1 778

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"After 9" is a pretty reasonable request. You're living in a complex. You shouldn't be playing loud or resonating music after 9 or 10 anyway if you're not living in a separate abode.

Go get yourself a Yamaha Slient brass rig. That will help a lot.

Comments

Go get yourself a Yamaha Slient brass rig. That will help a lot.

When the lock-down started last year, one of the first things I did was to order a Silent Brass system. It works exactly as advertised.

I take it your playing doesn't give them a trom-boner?

malicemassacre 18

Okay I see your comments every day but this one got a real LOL from me 😂

giraffe_poop 8

It's a shame all that practice didn't earn you a chance to go out.

peterblack67 9

What does covid have to do with you playing after 9pm?

"After 9" is a pretty reasonable request. You're living in a complex. You shouldn't be playing loud or resonating music after 9 or 10 anyway if you're not living in a separate abode.

Good thing they were polite enough to message you over the app. Some people would have kicked your door down, and rammed your trombone up your ass. If you're not able to work right now, you can switch your sleeping pattern so you're awake during the day, and practice then. Just tell your neighbors first. Or get one of those rigs other people are suggesting.