By Idiocracy - 24/04/2009 04:36 - United States

Today, my boss confessed to me that she doesn't know how to change the staples in the staplers at work, so she just switches them when they run out. We work at an office supply store. She makes six figures. I make $10 an hour. And she just got awarded a trip to Aruba for doing a "great job". FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 454
You deserved it 3 427

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I seriously doubt that anyone working at a supply store makes a six figure salary.

i'm sure theres more to the job than things like that

Comments

#22, Did you think that the OP just MIGHT be in school and thats why they work at such a crappy place?

Well if she is just switching staplers out she is costing the company money when it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how to change staples. I think for her stupidity she should be kicked in the balls yes in the balls. Come on people that's like a nurse or doctor that doesn't know how to treat someone who is having a seizure, or the difference between a viral and bacterial infection both minor things but can cost big if you don't know what your doing.

It seems your boss is doing her job. She's holding everything together, even if it is with a new stapler.

I know a girl that can use a bottle opener but is relatively a useful, working member of society. /Your mom went to college.

redhusk89 0

Get off the web. Get an education past your current 6th grade level. Make sure you take ECON and get an MBA then come back and you can bitch otherwise STFU

im sure refilling staples is what gets you to upper management i don't follow yalls logic because she can't change staples she is not doing a good job at work? is that in her job description, stop complaining.

redhusk89 0

A GM needs to know how to manage but does not always have to have operational skills. If she's good at getting people in the store, and keeping them there until they buy something her job is being done. She may also be really good at streamlining cost to maximize the stores sales/expenses. Regardless there is a clear reason why you make $10 an hour. You're on here posting this story while she's out there planning the next sale or promotional event. Get a life, Get an education (above the 6th grade level you seem to have stoped at), Then you can bitch and maybe people would have a reason to feel bad for you. If you're in the process of getting an education (in other words you're a highschooler) then just %^&ing suck it up and deal. Dear God did you just now figure out that life isn't always fair and does not make sense all the time. You sir or miss are a sad example of the up and coming work force, and may God preserve us for people like you in management!

Yeah, but the boss doesn't know how to change goddamn staples. Now if that's an example of the upcoming work force, it's even more hopeless, you sad moron.

Your boss is doing her job. She's holding everything together, even if it is with a new stapler.

There's one at every workplace. Get over it. And you have no right to complain if you're earning $10 an hour doing what a lot of people do for minimum wage.

You fail upwards in this society. Anyone who says YDI because she's a boss, you're a low-level, etc. is just hoping their stupidity will take them to the top. And it won't. 'Cause things are changing.